Indulge me please

theAntiChick
on 7/11/17 7:50 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

Studies are showing that people who drink diet sodas actually gain weight. Whether that's to rationalization (I drank a diet soda so I can have that candy bar) or (according to some theories) changes to the gut bacteria... no one really knows WHY yet. But there's that.

For many people, while it may not cause cancer, it is a huge headache and/or migraine trigger. If you feel better physically off of it, there's likely a reason.

I drink diet sodas occasionally. I was about 6 months before I could tolerate the carbonation. I have a Soda Stream at home, because the diet syrups they sell have sucralose instead of aspartame. With the Soda Stream, I can control the level of carbonation, which helped when I was craving sodas before I could tolerate "normal" carbonation. You can put other things in the carbonated water too, like sugar free Torani-style syrups to make italian-style sodas, too.

When I do drink a diet soda, I make sure I'm drinking my daily amount of water first.

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

Fredbear
on 7/11/17 11:38 am
VSG on 11/29/16

I've had one sip of my old friend Diet Coke since surgery, and it was the most disgusting thing I've ever put in my mouth, ever.

No thanks. Oh, and I'll just enjoy all this extra money now that I'm not buying soda...

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

LifeIsAwesome
on 7/11/17 1:24 pm
VSG on 02/15/17

I'm with Fredbear. I used to drink liters a day of Coke Zero and had a sip recently and had to spit it out. I never thought that day would happen. Good riddance!!!

HW-280; SW-235; GW-155; Age-57; Height-5'8"
Stats from SW - M1 -26; M2 -11; M3 -10; M4 -10; M5 -6; M6 -10; M7 - 5;

Most Active
Recent Topics