New here and surgery is in 3 weeks.

JCKross
on 7/6/17 6:54 pm
VSG on 07/25/17

So my surgery date is the 25th of July and while I know.it should be for the best I can't help but be a little nervous about being operated on I never been put under. I've been on a shake diet for.the last week and I'm doing ok. But that makes me nervous too because I'm actually not all that hungry. I've been having 780 calories a day split into 4 shakes except for.today in which I only had two because I've been sleeping all day with a nasty cold. Just seems like a lot of.pressure just to be into my bikini weight.

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/17 1:26 am
VSG on 12/28/16

Welcome! It's natural to be nervous but you'll do great. And you'll feel better after surgery. You won't hear a lot of regrets around here. Keep checking in here and reading. Whatever you face, chances are others have too.

Grim_Traveller
on 7/7/17 3:28 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Believe me, this is so worth it. Best thing I ever did.

We'll want to see you in that bikini once you hit your goal weight.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

SallyCat
on 7/7/17 6:46 am
VSG on 10/17/16

Definitely worth the anxiety and pressure. It will be here before you know it. Welcome!

HW: 375 SW: 282 CW: 167 GW: 159

CC C.
on 7/7/17 6:48 am

It was my first surgery too. It really was a breeze when all was said and done. The anxiety beforehand was far worse than the reality of it. Good luck!

SkinnyBonz38
on 7/7/17 1:36 pm

Hello there JCKross. There is a lot of pressure to be bikini clad again or at least bathing suit ready. Your surgery is exactly a week after mine. I am probably the worst wimp on Earth. I have cancelled more than once and am working with a third surgeon. This because I am afraid of the what ifs...that may or may not happen. I have compiled a timeline list of possible outcomes. I know I know...

I do heal quite fast and I don't get sick. But I'm just so afraid of the future and that I might be one of those one in 100 that gets a bad outcome. Oh and I ate something not on my my high protein pre op plan and now feel very guilty that now because I stopped my liver from shrinking I am going to have a bad result. There is a lot of pressure to lose...sure would like to lose weight through osmosis

JCKross
on 7/7/17 6:45 pm
VSG on 07/25/17

You sound exactly like me. Just running all the bad stuff through my head. Plus I'd kill for a turkey sandwich.

Mary Gee
on 7/7/17 1:47 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

It's normal to be nervous.

WLS is one of the best things I ever did for myself.... hopefully, you'll feel the same way!

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Doriam R.
on 7/8/17 5:38 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 07/12/17

My surgery is next Tuesday, and I am sooooo there with you, this is a revisionfor me do I did this before, so I have that failure in my mind also, I have cried and changed my mind a lot about this decision. But I paid now... so I am doing it (sooooooo expensive..... :( ....) But I am desperate, I hope I have success. I will keep you posted!

Best of luck! there is a lot of encouragement in this site!!

Fredbear
on 7/8/17 11:05 am, edited 7/8/17 4:05 am
VSG on 11/29/16

Don't worry about what you'll look like, think about how much better you'll feel!

I never thought I could feel this great. You can do it!

Being able to rock a Speedo is just a side bonus ;-)

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

Most Active
Recent Topics