Cereal?

Gwen M.
on 7/16/17 4:52 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Chances are, you have a very skewed idea of what moderation is - if you could eat in moderation, chances also are that you wouldn't have needed weight loss surgery. So you might want to skip the moderation thing and eat the food you're supposed to eat for now.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 7/16/17 6:34 pm

Gwen I would appreciate it if you would not reply to any of my posts. You have been very rude and sort of a know it all. I have reported you to the moderator. Please stay out of my business from now on.

Gwen M.
on 7/16/17 6:37 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm sure the moderators will tell you to block me if you don't wish to see/read my comments. You're welcome to do this, and to block everyone who tells you what you don't want to hear. However, when you start struggling and stop losing weight, you will have no one left to explain to you why.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 7/16/17 6:40 pm

I'm trying to figure out just how to do that now.

It's not constructive advice that bothers me. it's the rude jab that is unnecessary. and the moderation comments. You really know nothing about me and for you to say that I have a problem with moderation is ridiculous. I have never been a binge eater. my problem is something entirely different. not that it is your business.

but for you to just make rude comments is unacceptable and won't be tolerated once I figure out where the block button is.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/16/17 8:00 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

You swore you would take one bite of pie. You ate a whole bunch. That's a problem with moderation right there.

If there are other issues going on, we have no way to know; all we've got to go on are the abundant red flags you've raised in your posts thus far.

Block away, but you're going to lose out on a lot of advice that it seems you sorely need.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

(deactivated member)
on 7/16/17 9:57 pm

Actually I didn't eat a whole bunch. I ate like 2 ounces - I have yet to eat more than 3 ounces ever in a sitting. I think some are assuming things that aren't true and jumping on me

Great for those who are perfect. I will never claim to be perfect or to know it all. I make decisions for myself with the direction of those I trust. Mainly my health care professionals. I came to this site for support, not judgement. I don't expect people to tell me what I want to hear but to understand that this is a different for each of us. I think I'll sign off for a week or so and come back later-

on 7/17/17 7:46 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Hand-patting and enabling of bad habits is NOT support, which is why you won't find any of that here.

True support is being told when you're messing up, and given the opportunity to correct before you sabotage your progress or cause yourself serious injury.

At 3 weeks, post-op, 2 ounces of ANYTHING, much less 3oz, is indeed "a bunch."

I honestly do hope you come back in a week, if only for reassurance that you haven't burst your sleeve open by eating too much or the wrong things.

Miss Liss
on 7/17/17 7:02 am

In Gwen's defense, you did say one bite of pizza turned into a whole slice. And one bite of apple from a pie, then turned into a few ounces. You implied a problem with moderation with those statements. We all have those foods we can't eat in moderation or we would not have needed surgery. I am 13 years out from my RNY, and I can remember getting agitated with the vets at that time. It was usually because I was guilty of whatever it was and it was easier to get mad at them than to have open eyes about my many issues with food. Thankfully, I didn't block any of them, and my eyes got opened, and I got myself straight. I also realized they were coming from a place of concern and caring because they wanted me to be successful. I am thankful for my support group, the people here, and eventually my therapist who helped me in my journey. Here I am 13 years later and at goal. Stick around, listen to the real message they are giving you and don't think they are jumping you or judging you. There's a lot of support to take advantage of here. Take what you need and leave the rest. I hope you figure out what works for you and you can still be here 13 years from now successful and helping someone else.

on 7/17/17 11:29 am
RNY on 08/05/19

You may want to become familiar with the OH Terms of Service. That will identify which sorts of comments are legitimately reportable. (Hint: advice you disagree with is NOT on the list.)

http://www.obesityhelp.com/terms-of-service

AggieMae
on 7/13/17 12:05 pm
VSG on 10/25/16

Moderation is a problem for addicts. I do avoid carbs that trigger me to over eat!

Most Active
Recent Topics