How did you feel 2 weeks out?

JenniferAshley
on 7/4/17 6:16 am
VSG on 06/19/17

Thanks Cathy! You did make me feel better!

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/17 9:09 pm

My doctor said that leaks, which are he most common complication are very, very rare. Out of 800 surgeries he has seen one. So don't worry. I'm sure you will be fine. If you are really worried you should call your doctor.

Good luck!

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/17 9:05 pm

I am 11 days out. My doctor allowed soft foods on day 5. I am still having pain around my large incision as well. I had to take a pain pill yesterday and today. I think it's because I was getting up and sitting down a lot because we had a BBQ. I think all of this is mormal. Today I ate baked beans, some pita chips and cream cheese dip and a bite of cheese cake. I cheeed everything till it was virtually gone. I'm having no problems. I see my surgeon and nutritionist this week. I have fracked everything in spark people and will share with them.

icould you be doing too much and need to rest?

JenniferAshley
on 7/4/17 6:15 am
VSG on 06/19/17

Hey Missy, I love reading your posts! I feel like we are on the same page. :-) I actually woke up today feeling a bit better, but we'll see how it is by the end of the day.

(deactivated member)
on 7/4/17 11:00 am

I reread my post. Sorry for all the typos- that's what happens when I use my phone instead of computer!

I've has many abdominal surgeries over the years- 4 c sections & my gall bladder out plus multiple ercp procedures for stones in my bike ducts. By far the vsg was the easiest recovery so far. I had my last c section abscess and had to leave it open stuffed with seaweed for 3 months - lovely- had a nurse at my home daily to change the dressing. Anyway, all that to say, if it worries you call the dr, that's why they make the big bucks. You are your best advocate. Don't be afraid to ask any question. You can check here, but most of us aren't docs and since it seems all docs have a different protocol they are your best resource. We can share what we've experienced and hopefully that will ease your mind.

i love trolling the forum reading about others experiences and ideas for food. I'm waiting for the day that thinking about food so much will go away. I'm craving weird foods like a tuna sandwich or fruit. But I don't want to screw up the healing process. I know that eventually I'll be able to eat normally again, just smaller portions.

It was cool yesterday to be satisfied with a tiny bite of cheesecake. Probably not on my diet list but it satisfied me and didn't hurt my tummy!

JenniferAshley
on 7/5/17 12:59 pm
VSG on 06/19/17

I had 2 oz tilapia today. It was really sof and glaky. Went down well!

JenniferAshley
on 7/5/17 12:59 pm
VSG on 06/19/17

Soft and flaky*

(deactivated member)
on 7/5/17 4:40 pm

Yay- so glad for you. Real food makes you feel so much better. I've never been a big fish eater other than shrimp and tuna fish, I might have to try Tilapia.

I saw my dr today. He said I can start eating fish and ground beef woo hoo. Tonight is spaghetti night for the family so I'll just was some meat sauce.

He said that after next week I can start trying a wider variety of foods. Wasn't at all upset that I had a tiny bite of cheese cake- said that was his philosophy too- if you're craving it have a tiny bite and that may satisfy the craving. I'm 20 pounds down and he was happy with that. Next week I can start exercising other than walking without restriction. We're joining the y this weekend so I am very excited for my 3 week surgicersary to start doing some mild strength training.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/6/17 4:02 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Your doctor sounds like someone who's never had a weight problem.

If I could stick to "a tiny bite" of cheesecake, I would have never needed surgery.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/17 2:24 pm

Thankfully I can stick to a tiny bite of cheesecake, because I know more will make me feel bad.

Most Active
Recent Topics