Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Monday 7/3/17

jachristmas
on 7/3/17 1:08 pm
VSG on 12/14/16

Up since 6:30 to pack hubbys lunch and get him off to work..then it was over to my brothers to change his bandage. His girlfriend is rather squeamish whereas I am not, and I have some experience with wound care since I was the only one who could handle wrapping my dad's legs when they were amputated. Then it was off to do some shopping and back home to clean the house..it got a little neglected last week with all the trips to the hospital.

B premier shake

L skirt steak seasoned with chipotle and roasted garlic (note to self..dont get distracted and overcook it next time or it will be tough)

D chicken breast with tomato and basil and probably red potatoes for the guys

Vitamins in. Water on track. Exercise, walking, cleaning house and possibly a little pool cleaning so we can relax tomorrow. Love that this job allows my hubby to be off weekends and holidays!

~Amanda~

HW at consult #1 5/19/16: 348 lbs.

Consult #2 8/31/16: 331 lbs.

SW 12/14/16: 286 lbs.

Gwen M.
on 7/3/17 1:16 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Skirt steak is pretty much my favorite cut of steak.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

jachristmas
on 7/3/17 2:23 pm
VSG on 12/14/16

It was so good. I turned around and was washing up some fresh eggs I collected from the hens and when I turned back I knew it was on the verge of too done...but I got it off the heat and let it rest and was able to cut the tougher ends off and the middle was still medium. The dogs didn't mind the ends though, lol.

~Amanda~

HW at consult #1 5/19/16: 348 lbs.

Consult #2 8/31/16: 331 lbs.

SW 12/14/16: 286 lbs.

Donna L.
on 7/3/17 4:04 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

It's been a heck of a crazy week! Trying not to go crazier than I already am!

I am not gonna lie - my protein has gone out the window. My daily average has been 50g. Just haven't eaten much this week, which is an unusual place for me to be in. I went back on protein shakes to start bumping it up. Starting in September I will be transitioning more to DS eating to "practice" for surgery in advance. Since I'm already keto it's not really much different aside from the extra proteins. I figure that will help healing post-op (and help with weight loss) anyway. The first week of August I'll find out what pre-op testing must be done.

Breakfast: 30g Premiere protein shake.

Lunch: 4oz turkey, 1oz cheese

Dinner: Undecided; probably a homemade "unwich" or something cool since it's miserably humid.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Rachel B.
on 7/3/17 8:17 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

I went to my new site this morning. I'm glad I'll be working via 'telemed'. It's not a nice neighborhood. one block from the site is a sex shop that had a big sign up front that said "CONDOM BLOWOUT SALE". Nice neighborhood....

OK. So, I found the answer to my hydration. There is a 'tea' called "Sport Tea". I've had it for years, but just started drinking it again. It's 98% caffeine free naturally. I've been drinking it, and increased my hydration considerably. It really is very refreshing after a workout.

AM: Espresso w/Vanilla PP

L: Chicken Breast with Cottage Cheese and Hummus

D: Chicken Breast with Cottage Cheese and Hummus

SPORTEA

E: Legs & Treadmill

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

(deactivated member)
on 7/4/17 4:41 am
VSG on 12/28/16

104 Degrees or, as we say in Phoenix, a cooling trend. Seriously nicer than last weeks 120.

B: 2 eggs scrambled with peppers

L: 3 oz shrimp. And slices of farm picked tomato

D: roast chicken, broccoli, salad

also had a slice of sweetest cantaloupe ever, from same farm.

Summer growing season ends here mid July because of the heat so I like to enjoy the local farm fresh while I can.

Most Active
Recent Topics