PAIN!!! Through stomach and into back?

JenniferAshley
on 6/30/17 11:35 am
VSG on 06/19/17

Hi everyone! I am officially 11 days post op. I don't have my 2 week post op appointment until next Thursday, but I've been in touch with the surgeon's office a ton due to a pain I've been feeling.

Up until yesterday, I had been feeling pretty good...everyday was getting better. Then, all of the sudden, I had a sharp pain go through my stomach and into my back. It is a little below my main incision. The pain is so intense that I break out into a sweat and lose my breath. It tends to happen when I move into a standing position...whether it be I was sitting, laying, or bending. It is pretty intense. It last a few minutes until I force my self to "walk it out". Then, the pain tends to go away as long as I continue to stand/walk (though I still feel a slight twinge).

I have no fever, nausea, or any other symptoms of a leak, but I can't help but be freaked out and concerned. The doc's office keeps telling me it sounds like normal "healing" incision pain, but that it I feel like something crazy is going on/if it gets worse, go the the ER. I'm curious, has anyone felt anything like this before?

Gwen M.
on 6/30/17 11:44 am
VSG on 03/13/14

This does not sound normal to me and I would go to the ER. Yes, you can get "zaps" while healing, but they're not normally positional, etc. And the fact that this is NEW would be concerning to me. Honestly it sort of sounds like a kidney stone to me.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

hollykim
on 6/30/17 12:28 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On June 30, 2017 at 6:35 PM Pacific Time, JenniferAshley wrote:

Hi everyone! I am officially 11 days post op. I don't have my 2 week post op appointment until next Thursday, but I've been in touch with the surgeon's office a ton due to a pain I've been feeling.

Up until yesterday, I had been feeling pretty good...everyday was getting better. Then, all of the sudden, I had a sharp pain go through my stomach and into my back. It is a little below my main incision. The pain is so intense that I break out into a sweat and lose my breath. It tends to happen when I move into a standing position...whether it be I was sitting, laying, or bending. It is pretty intense. It last a few minutes until I force my self to "walk it out". Then, the pain tends to go away as long as I continue to stand/walk (though I still feel a slight twinge).

I have no fever, nausea, or any other symptoms of a leak, but I can't help but be freaked out and concerned. The doc's office keeps telling me it sounds like normal "healing" incision pain, but that it I feel like something crazy is going on/if it gets worse, go the the ER. I'm curious, has anyone felt anything like this before?

are you taking your pain meds?

JenniferAshley
on 6/30/17 12:49 pm
VSG on 06/19/17

I haven't been taking them. The physician's assistant did suggest I take some, so I took 2 yesterday and will again today.

hollykim
on 6/30/17 4:53 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On June 30, 2017 at 7:49 PM Pacific Time, JenniferAshley wrote:

I haven't been taking them. The physician's assistant did suggest I take some, so I took 2 yesterday and will again today.

well, yes, you will hurt if you don't take them.

JenniferAshley
on 6/30/17 6:58 pm
VSG on 06/19/17

Right, lol! My surgery was June 19th and I had actually stopped taking them by June 23rd because I was feeling well enough. The doc actually requested that I stop taking them within 7 days after surgery...which I am well past. Thank goodness I saved them, because now they are needed!

I'm starting to feel slightly better...praying it is just normal incision pain.

Most Active
Recent Topics