Re-sleeved

lowbrass03
on 6/29/17 8:24 pm - houston, TX
VSG on 05/17/12

hello,

yesterday morning I was re-sleeved, I'm finally home, I'm pretty sore.

But I'm also happy that I have a great surgeon who is very understanding, non-judgemental, and honest. I lost a little over 100 pounds when I first had my VSG back in 2012. A couple of years ago I noticed my weight loss had pretty much stopped, and also my gallbladder started acting up. During that time I was too busy with school and work so my surgeon (who also performed my VSG) worked with me and even went as far as doing my cholecystectomy during his vacation. In the meantime as I delayed the gallbladder surgery all I could really eat was carbs so obviously had some regain, about 20-25 lbs. after we took care of my gallbladder I was able to lose about 15 of the 20 pounds but seemed like I was doing so much work and my weight wouldn't move past a certain point.

i expressed my concerns to my surgeon who stayed that the sleeve looked fine when he went in for cholecystectomy, but he recommended an upper GI, After this test was done he recommended that we re-sleeve. So we started the process and I was approved!

I'm extremely grateful for this second chance, and also for having such an amazing team behind me.

little_a
on 6/29/17 8:46 pm
VSG on 06/13/17

YAY! :) This is great. I wish you the best of luck and please keep us updated!

A

22 year old college girl. VSG weight - 255 HW - 282 GW - Healthy.

lowbrass03
on 6/30/17 4:14 pm - houston, TX
VSG on 05/17/12

Thanks!!

Valerie G.
on 6/30/17 11:27 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

So, was he wrong that the sleeve wasn't fine after all?

If you wind up in this boat all over again, it may be that you need more than restriction. I pray that's not the case. Here's to your next surgery being a tummy tuck, instead!

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

lowbrass03
on 6/30/17 4:24 pm - houston, TX
VSG on 05/17/12

Thanks for all the well wishes. I don't think his initial assessment was wrong but it is something that would have been better answered with and UGI. I do believe that my sleeve was a bit larger than what everyone thought, although I have no complaints. Luckily I have had a tremendous support system through my surgeon and the hospital's WLS coordinators who helped me through this whole process.

janinemarie
on 7/1/17 4:21 am

Hello, I was resleeved 18 months ago, there's not too many of us. My sleeve was twisted and i had a hernia pushing down on my stomach, so I was able to get everything fixed with insurance approval. My restriction is so much better than with the first sleeve, I've lost 70 pounds and just a few pounds from goal. I'm sure you know by now follow your doctors plan and you will be successful. Good luck

lowbrass03
on 7/3/17 7:51 pm - houston, TX
VSG on 05/17/12

That is awesome. Im sorry you had issues with your initial surgery, which is something that was always in the back of my mind since i had nausea here and there. But luckily my sleeve was fine.

thanks for the well wishes!

Most Active
Recent Topics