Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Thursday 6/29/17

cc583
on 6/29/17 5:50 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

LMFAO!!!!!!! That's is too freakin funny! I love the stuff but it does give me a tad bit of gas! LOL! My wife usually leaves the room!

By the way, I sent you a pm asking if you would consider sharing your tofu chicken soup with me? It looks delicious!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Fredbear
on 6/29/17 10:42 pm, edited 6/29/17 3:46 pm
VSG on 11/29/16

It's not actually a soup, but it could be made into one!

Spicy chicken tofu bowl:

1 tbs of olive oil
2 oz. of cubed chicken

Simmer the chicken in the olive oil for a few minutes on medium heat

Add some stock (I use chicken stock), and then add 1/5 of a block of Trader Joe's extra firm tofu (about 3 oz. or so). If you don't add the stock, the tofu is simply going to adhere to the pan and make a mess.

I like spicy and flavorful food, so I add the following spices liberally:

Cumin
Minced Garlic
Paprika
Red Pepper Flakes
Oregano
Basil
Pepper
Parsley
Ginger

I may occasionally add Hot Chili Oil, Spicy Sesame Oil, green chile sauce, or harissa if I really want something with heat.

Cook the chicken and tofu down until most of the liquid is gone.

Pop into a bowl and add 1/2 tsp of soy sauce and an ounce of fat free crumbled feta cheese. You could also serve this over riced cauliflower.

Lately I've been forgoing the soy sauce and cheese and serving it instead over shredded carrots, riced cauliflower, and broccoli slaw from Trader Joe's, with either a peanut sauce or soy/ginger dressing.

You could turn this into a soup by adding some vegetables (beans, carrots, etc.) and a lot more stock. For soup, however, you'll need to sear the tofu first (or it will disintegrate), and add it fairly late in the cooking process.

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

cc583
on 6/30/17 8:27 am - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Thank you very much! I can't wait to make it!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

yvonnef1964
on 6/29/17 11:37 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Accountability I had light ice cream and 2 popisicles last night.

B spinach, orange pepper, ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

Coffee and protein shake as creamer

L tuna and cottage cheese

D ham steak and green beans

S Greek yogurt, turkey sausage snack sticks and watermelon

Have a good day

jachristmas
on 6/29/17 12:28 pm
VSG on 12/14/16

Back at the hospital with my brother. He is in surgery now to remove an abscess that's developed on top of the lymph node near his groin area. They may have to remove the lymph node if the infection has spread to deep.

B1 coffee and Greek yogurt early before we left

B2 protein shake on the road

L insides of 1/2 a turkey/ham/swiss sandwich..my son gladly ate the other half and the potato salad

D bbq turkey wing

Vitamins in. Water on track. Walking the halls, taking the stairs.

~Amanda~

HW at consult #1 5/19/16: 348 lbs.

Consult #2 8/31/16: 331 lbs.

SW 12/14/16: 286 lbs.

sgg1002
on 6/29/17 1:22 pm
VSG on 11/29/16

Wow! The day got away from me at work! So glad tomorrow is Friday, friends. I pushed walking with a buddy today that is much more swift than me and hoping that will put my calories burned for the day way up! :)

B: Bananas and Cream Premier and coffee

S: twistum reduced fat cheese stick

L: 2 oz chicken breast, 2 T. hummus, 10 baby carrots

D: 3 oz chicken in 3 lettuce leaves spread with hummus and sprinkle of low fat shredded swiss

S: if needed, mixed berry triple zero greek yogurt

Water, supplements, exercise: working on it! :)

Fredbear
on 6/29/17 5:03 pm, edited 6/29/17 10:08 am
VSG on 11/29/16

All moved in, now just to unpack the remaining bric-a-brac and get art on the walls.

Thank goodness the cats like the new house, no whining, no puking, no peeing!

B: protein shake

S: protein shake

L: 4 oz spiced up chicken with 2 oz sesame/ginger dressing for sauce

S: protein shake

D: ???

E: 5k walk in the low 100ºs heat, and 120 flights of stairs. Pre-dinner I'm in the negative, calorie-wise, for the day.

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

Cathy H.
on 6/29/17 5:09 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

LOL Erin, I can identify with the Shar-pei look! I tell my friends and family that this is my new self-portrait!:

Late to the game today, this job is wearing me out! Also, it's trash night...gotta get it outta here. It's times like this I wish I had kids I could make do it for me! lol

B: Dannon L&F 80 w/Fiber One, coffee w/HC

L: Thin sliced Black Forest ham w/Swirls cheese sticks

D: Hardee's 1/3 lb low carb thickburger w/my own light olive oil mayo

Water and vites on track

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

happyteacher
on 6/29/17 5:32 pm

Day 2 of 10 in my mini weight loss phase to dial back a few pounds. Already losing some of the non-stop cravings, so feeling great about that. The headache not so much!

B: Shrimp and coconut curry over riced cauiflower

L: Mixed green salad with ginger dressing

D: Smoothie made with purslane, greek yogurt, 1 cup frozen fruit (peach, pineapple, strawberry, blueberries) stevia, juice from 1 lime, ice and water

S: low on protein so down went a sous vide prepared chicken breast that was then refrigerated and fat removed. Seared with Penzey Jamaican Jerk rub- super tasty!

Remembered my patch today, so that was a win! Made a big ol' IP pot of ice tea so plenty of hydration.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Recent Topics