Cruising Recipes am I a Masochist?

(deactivated member)
on 6/29/17 9:04 am

Thanks I will check it out!

(deactivated member)
on 6/27/17 8:14 pm

I spoke with my bariatric nurse today and she said I could try scrambled eggs and cheese. I was so excited that I went right down and made one, measured out my 2 ounces. I made it throug about a quarter of it taking the tiniest of bites but it didn't like me. It tasted awesome but kept trying to come back up. Back more soft foods. I had apple cinnamon yogurt tonight and two tiny bites of cottage cheese- I tolerated both well. I'm sticking to that kind of food for another week.

Cathy H.
on 6/28/17 12:37 am
VSG on 10/31/16

Scrambled egg was the first soft food I ate. After 2 weeks of clear liquids and protein shakes pre-op and 1 week post-op, I swear it wast the best thing I ever ate!! Lol. The key is to make sure you don't cook them too dry. I find stirring in a little sour cream helped keep them nice and moist for those early stages.

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

(deactivated member)
on 6/29/17 9:03 am

Good suggestion! Thanks! Maybe the cheese made mine too dry

(deactivated member)
on 6/28/17 9:21 am
VSG on 01/12/17

I live vicariously through what other people around me eat. Since I can't and won't go eat a double bacon cheese burger, I relish when someone else does, or a big, gooey slice of pizza, or a chipotle burrito with all the fillings. I also browse recipes to get a "taste" of them. I know I'll never make them, or eat them, but I some some sort of satisfaction in seeing them. Maybe I should have this evaluated by someone

(deactivated member)
on 6/29/17 9:01 am

I've been wanting to cook for my family though hubby is encouraging me to take it easy. Made homemade lo neon yesterday- I did want to see if it was tasty or not but abstained- heard it was good. I too think I'll live vicariously through others eating. Like the episode of king of queens where Kirstie Allie has Carrie eat donuts for her!

Heather L.
on 6/28/17 11:01 am - Coquitlam, Canada
VSG on 03/26/15

I spent a shocking amount of time during my first couple of weeks post-op watching cooking shows. You'd think it would have been torture, but it really wasn't.

It did give me a killer craving for black licorice, though. Go figure!

VSG Mar 26, 2015 Dr. Sharadh Sampath -- 5'3" -- 47YO -- HW: 294 - SW: 261 - CW: 192 - GW: 175
Bi-lateral Brachioplasty May 8, 2017 Dr. Owen Reid
Lower Body Lift Oct 2, 2017 Dr. Owen Reid

"Weight is lost in kitchens, health is gained in gyms." - Dr. Yoni Freedhoff

heatherisshrinking.tumblr.com

Sheepie
on 6/28/17 5:04 pm
VSG on 05/31/17

I picked up a couple bariatric surgery cookbooks prior to surgery, and have really been enjoying some of the recipes. Some I cannot have yet, but the recipes clearly state what phase they are for, and whether they are puree-friendly. Just a thought!

HW: 340 SW: 310 CW: 196.6 GW: 170

(deactivated member)
on 6/30/17 10:51 am

It's been a couple of days since my original post. I took it really easy - mostly popsicles and apple sauce. Today I was cleaning out the freezer and found some small frozen cheese blintzes - checked the nutrition content and they looked good. tried one, actually 2/3 of one, and it was awesome! really satisfied my need for real food. Woo Hoo!

Eggface
on 7/1/17 4:55 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Hope the healing is going well.

Pureed :) http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/puree d-foods.html

and beyond https://www.pinterest.com/eggface/ (all bariatric surgery friendly)

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Most Active
Recent Topics