Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Friday, 6/23/2017

Gwen M.
on 6/23/17 10:23 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Who did you bring with you on surgery day and what do you remember?

Neat idea - I didn't see it until after I'd posted!

I took my partners - Art and Lance. It was important to me that they both be there and I also feel very strongly that it's important to always have someone who can/will advocate for you when you're in the hospital. They both stayed through the surgery and until I was checked into my room. I'm pretty sure that I sent them both home then and then Lance came back in the morning to stay with me until I was released. Lance thinks he might have spent the night, but I'm not sure? I don't remember either of them spending the night since it seemed unnecessary since I was with it post-VSG.

As far as surgery goes.. it was 3 years ago and my blog is down so I can't copy/paste from what I wrote then! My memory isn't great :P

I remember the typical pre-op stuff. Meet the whole team, forget their names, get hooked up to IV and rolled back to OR and then I woke up in recovery. I remember my throat was SUPER sore and begging for something for it. I got chloraseptic, finally. I couldn't drink anything until my leak test. I remember some pain, but it was well managed. I don't remember nausea, but I know I had a behind the ear patch and the dissolvable zofran. I remember walking laps around the recovery ward with my IV machine. I remember not caring who I flashed with the hospital gown ;) I remember that moving was sore but compared to my recent lower body lift it was a cakewalk. I -could- get out of bed with no trouble, etc.

I only had to take prescription pain meds for a few days and I don't remember being dopey. Compared to plastics, VSG was EASY. :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

CC C.
on 6/23/17 10:50 am

Two of my good friends sat with me before surgery and one stayed until I woke up ****pt gasping and saying I couldn't breathe - that was the hardest part). My dad and his wife wanted to be there, but he had chemo that day. Another friend stayed at my house with my dog and picked me up from the hospital the next day.

MargaritaChic
on 6/23/17 11:00 am
VSG on 05/09/16

Breakfast: a mini egg muffin and 1 peice of bacon. The egg muffin was made with 1/2 a duck egg, turkey, onion, and green pepper. I wasn't able to eat it all. It sat really heavy in my stomach. It ended up being really dense after heating it in the microwave.

Snack: coffee

Lunch: I'm not hungry because of that egg muffin not agreeing with me. I'll try to eat a protein bar or shake.

Dinner: tbd - I've been exhausted this week, so it depends on it I feel like cooking or not. If not, I'll have something simple, like an apple with Swiss cheese and procutto.

Today seems to be another one of those days where I am not hungry at all.

jachristmas
on 6/23/17 11:09 am
VSG on 12/14/16

The sun is out for today at least, so I've been out too! My husband went to the hospital with me and spent the night..he actually slept in the bed and I opted for the recliner because it was more comfy and I didn't bother him when me and the trusty IV pole took our hourly strolls around the floor. I just remember the basic pre op stuff, like getting into my gown, the IV, all the meet and greets with nurses and such.However, I have had multiple surgeries and this was the first one that I was knocked out before I made it to the OR. I usually remember the countdown, lol. But this time I got a kiss from hubby and they had already put something in my IV to relax me and next thing I know I was waking up in recovery and asking for nausea meds. I got a patch and was soon off to my room for a nap and then to start walking. I had very little pain, just pressure and some soreness. I had surgery middle of the day Wed., went home Thursday after lunch, and Friday I drove my son to and from school.

B premier shake

L chicken breast, Greek yogurt, pickles

D going to get supplies for the shop, so prob stop and grab something on the road since its an hour drive there and back..prob grilled nuggets from chick -fil-a

S SF popsicle

Vitamins in and water on track. Walking today.

~Amanda~

HW at consult #1 5/19/16: 348 lbs.

Consult #2 8/31/16: 331 lbs.

SW 12/14/16: 286 lbs.

yvonnef1964
on 6/23/17 11:25 am
VSG on 08/11/14

I got a bike today. Hoping for some more exercise now during the summer.

B coffee and egg mcmuffin

L tuna and cottage cheese

D cheeseburger and cream corn

S Greek yogurt, turkey sausage snack sticks and an apple

Have a great day

Highfunctioningfatman
on 6/23/17 1:19 pm
VSG on 08/29/16

An off day for me. I was running a bit later than usual so I didn't make breakfast. We also had a pot luck at work fo a retirement party.

B: McDonald's "naked' (bunless) morning mac

L: A bite size custard cup, my wife's baked beans and some awesome dry rubbed chicken breast.

S: probably nothing

D: I pulled a random package of meat out of the freezer. I don't have the slightest idea what it is. Either way, that is dinner!

little_a
on 6/23/17 3:53 pm
VSG on 06/13/17

Haha still on liquids but I will tell y'all what I had anyway. I finally got in all my meals and shakes. And then I had some soup. But I have 2 meal replacements and 3 Unjury protein shakes (the chocolate is my favorite). I set alarms on my fit bit for every two hours to have something. I am going out with my friends and of course, not partaking in the partying but will happily sip my water. Should hit 64 ounces + easily LOL. Hope everyone had a good, productive week. And I hope everything has a nice relaxing weekend.

Best

A

22 year old college girl. VSG weight - 255 HW - 282 GW - Healthy.

Erin T.
on 6/23/17 3:57 pm
VSG on 01/17/17

Had minor surgery this morning, so I've been out of it all day. I had pretty bad nausea after surgery so they gave me Phenergan and it always knocks me out cold. I didn't wake up enough to say so until around 5pm. I got bags of fluids at the hospital but haven't been very awake to drink anything else, so I'm trying now.

B: None

L: None

D: Yogurt w/ PB2 and Cheese

S: Premier Protein & maybe a protein bar

E: Yeah, no :)

Looking like I will get about 500 calories today if I eat all that. Acceptable I suppose!

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

(deactivated member)
on 6/23/17 4:36 pm

Sending well wishes your way, Erin! Take good care.

Cathy H.
on 6/23/17 4:41 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

I'm stressing right now...left my phone at work on my desk!! Ugh, gotta live without it all evening. Luckily I don't use it a lot, but it's my only phone so...

B: Dannon L&F 80 w/Fiber One, coffee w/HC

L: Ham and Swirls cheese sticks

D: Smoked pulled pork, zucchini slices, grape tomatoes

Water and vites on track

E: Bleh

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

Most Active
Recent Topics