Good morning everyone and happy Friday!

B - coffee and yogurt

L - chicken

D - pork tenderloin

S - protein shake

Arjeffries
on 6/23/17 5:59 am
VSG on 01/27/16

Buying a new car today. I'm not going to stress eat.Not thrilled for a payment, but after 18 years I am downsizing to an suv instead of a minivan. Got two kids driving, 3 more to go!

B 2 eggs strawberries

L Arby's classic no bun

D nacho-less nachos with avocado

(deactivated member)
on 6/23/17 6:16 am

You can do it, Arjeffries!

(deactivated member)
on 6/23/17 6:13 am, edited 6/23/17 1:01 am

Good morning, Cecily, and everyone! Happy Friday!

Had an awesome time last night at the "Mother Church." Music, friends, NO food ... WIN! Sat right smack in the middle of a pew. No anxiety. Two people on the other side bought an extra seat. Those days were not that long ago. I could relate.

Surgery day: my husband came with me. I was the last surgery of the day so I remember being super hungry. Warned the anesthesiologist team that I was anxious (they asked) and get super nauseated. They gave me something to calm my nerves. One of them knew I was from MN so he shared a video from his favorite band, "Davina and the Vagabonds." Dr. Spann, kind beyond words, came and talked to us. Husband kissed me and told me he loved me. They wheeled me into the operating room and the anesthesiologist put the mask on and out I went. The next thing I knew I was super nauseated and in critical condition. They kept me in the recovery room longer than anticipated. Thankfully after the anesthesia wore off, the nausea subsided and the nurse said I was the "star" patient on the floor that day/night. My team, OMG, nothing but the best, can't say enough good about them.

B - Protein Shake

L - eggs, bacon, spinach

D - shrimp, 2 or 3 green beans

S - yogurt, flax, Cinnamon Roll protein powder, blueberries

V- on track

E - water jogging and/or walking (weather permitting). Since losing weight I love being outside. Last resort, gym.

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Theduffman27
on 6/23/17 6:43 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good morning Cecily and Menu Crew, busy weekend , Grad Party tonight, camping tomorrow. Will be a fun weekend.

GB forum they ask a question of the day, question today was: Who did you bring with you on surgery day and what do you remember - below is my answer ( copy and pasted to this thread)

QOTD - My surgery was on a Wednesday, bittersweet as Two days prior a good friend of mine had died and his Funeral was a day after my surgery. MY Wife Joddie was with me, the hospital is set up well with nice staging rooms for surgery, 15 minutes before I went in to surgery my surgeon stopped by and grabbed my shin and said " Duff , youve got this! " I was really nervous yet he has a calming personality and then I was ready. I remember a couple of things, kissing my wife goodbye and as I was wheeled into the operating room was introduced to the Nurse ( Mike) and Anethesiologist ( Mike), to this day I do not know if I was dreaming this, but remember hearing someone saying this is like finding nemo....Mike...Mike...Mike......LOL......( the seagulls)

B - Premier Protein

S - Dannon light and fit yogurt

L - Steak tips

S - Buddig meat

D - unsure - grad party - will pick something healthy.

E - dancing the night away

Stay healthy my friends.

sgg1002
on 6/23/17 7:29 am
VSG on 11/29/16

Hey everyone! HAPPY FRIDAY! We made it! Good weekend planned and it'll be cooler, so that's a plus and I'll get to spend more time outdoors walking shelter doggies Sunday. YAY!

My husband came to my surgery date with me. I was a little nervous, but I have a great bariatric team that are all very low key and calm natured, so I lucked out. Mark could have stayed overnight, but we have 4 doggies of our own and I didn't want them to stress out by not keeping up with their "regular schedule". I slept most of the afternoon away, any way! :)

B: Chocolate premier and coffee

S: Triple Zero Oikos greek yogurt-strawberry

L: 1/2 spaghetti squash 1/2c meat sauce

D: southern sautéed cabbage and beef sausage link

S: if needed, fresh blueberries

Water, and supplements in. I pulled a groin muscle yesterday, so going to rest up to be ok for weekend walking.

SallyCat
on 6/23/17 7:53 am
VSG on 10/17/16

B: yogurt and coffee

L: 1/2 Real Good Pizza

D: salmon, salad, and green beans

S: 1 oz cheese

HW: 375 SW: 282 CW: 167 GW: 159

Fredbear
on 6/23/17 9:23 am
VSG on 11/29/16

B: protein shake

S: protein shake

L: ???

D: ???

E: Still moving things into the new house. Got 10,000 steps yesterday just from moving!

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

Gwen M.
on 6/23/17 10:09 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I already posted my big major news. In other news, I showered by myself for the second day in a row! This is a big huge deal for me. I had being dependent on others and I looooooove my showers. So being able to shower on my own time is huge for me. Of course, I still need help getting my compression garments on.... maybe I'll try doing that by myself tomorrow.

I'm still sleeping crappy. Moving hurts, not moving hurts. I think the best thing that anyone can do for themselves prior to any surgery is to train themselves to sleep in one position all night without moving. Seriously. This is something I fail at and, as a result, I sleep like **** after surgery and end up feeling crummy as a result. Bah.

But I made Lance take me for a walk around the block (.8 miles) yesterday and it was so nice to be out and moving! I'll do the same today and through the weekend and then hopefully on Monday I'll feel up to unchaperoned walks. :) Part of my post-op lethargy is from being so sedentary and, seriously, I know better. I was a walking fiend after VSG and now that I'm physically capable of walking, I need to get back to doing that because I know it'll help me feel better.

The other big milestone today is that I set an alarm and woke up at 9am instead of "whenever" so it was early enough to take my Vyvanse. First time since June 3rd. Not that I've been binge eating due to a) lack of food availability and b) lack of stomach ability, but I know that being on it makes me feel more like myself.

1: protein shake
2: yogurt/another protein shake
3: ??? - depends on what the guys decide to do, I'm at their mercy. They've got a well stocked freezer and any take out options. If they pick something that sucks, I'll do chicken curry.

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: another .8 mile walk/shuffle. Yay!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Kristi T.
on 6/23/17 10:22 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning everyone and happy Friday!

B-yogurt with homemade no oat granola(I burned it:-)

L-leftover chicken

D-Inside of a tamale and steamed asparagus

S-tbd

W&V-on track

E-walking with dog, continue increase steps on trail benches

Having the neighbors over for strawberry shortcake(minus cake for me) and cards tonight. We alternate between "Hand and Foot" and Gin Rummy.

Have a wonderful Friday!

Most Active
Recent Topics