No energy

LMTSC
on 6/18/17 4:40 pm
VSG on 06/29/17

The paperwork doesn't say anything about gum, but I did chew some the other day. Sugar free of course

I can and I will

WATCH ME!

Ugh7699
on 6/19/17 7:53 am

Hi Shirley! I as well am on a VLC not liquid pre-surgery diet. Today is day 6 of that and sometimes I think it would be "easier" if was on the liquid only. I am struggling with finding things that I can eat throughout the day that will also keep me under the 800-1000 calories.

ShirlAus
on 6/19/17 1:50 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Hey

I posted what I ate yesterday in the daily menu thread but here it is again

I have a list of vegetables I have to avoid - potato, sweet potato, pumpkin, peas and corn

Basically my day is similar to this each day

B: 1 slice wholegrain toast with poached egg

S: Apple

L: Stir Fry veggies (I do them in chicken stock and garlic) with 150gm lean meat

S: Carrot

D: 150gm lean meat with steamed veg or a salad

I try to drink at least 2 litres of water a day as I find that helps with the hunger

Hope this help and keep going - you can do this :)

blackbox62
on 6/20/17 7:35 am

where do you get 150gm lean meat

ShirlAus
on 6/20/17 3:06 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Hey

Im in Australia and have been basically cooking up a weighed portion of chicken fillet or kangaroo or piece of pork. Remove any trace of fat etc

Shirley:)

blackbox62
on 6/22/17 7:54 am

Hey ShirlAus

My problem both of my of knee need to be replaced . I had weight loss surgery on Nov -8-2016 I was380lbs

as of today I'm 302lbs . I need to get 250lbs before do surgery. I have a problem with meals .I never had a

problem with over eating , before surgery and now I can go all day and no eating. I make myself to eat.

ShirlAus
on 6/22/17 3:07 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Hey Blackbox

Sorry to hear that - you are doing great with your weight loss :) And will be at 250 before you know it.

Im also up for a knee replacement but hoping with having this surgery it will allow me to delay it for as long as practical

You must eat - even if you can set yourself up in the kitchen with a stool or sit at the kitchen table to prepare the meats/veg - then stand for a briefer time to cook it.

Maybe something like a slow cooker would be of great benefit to you as you can throw it all in and it cooks itself. There are some great recipes out there that can be adjusted for low calorie

Best of luck :)

Shirley

Diverdan814
on 6/19/17 4:59 am
VSG on 04/18/17

One half hour walk a day does wonders for your mind and body. Double that if you do it in the woods surrounded by greenery and fresh air.

Age 61 Height 5'8" HW 297 (3/9/2017) SW 269 (4/18/2017) CW 227.4(6/18/2017)
Total Weight Lost 69.6 monthly loss 1-21, 2-11 3-2.5

illumin8ed
on 6/22/17 10:24 am
VSG on 06/14/17

Consider your end game goals for weight loss. You are doing your 2 week pre op. You've already made it so far from where you started. I slipped 1 time about 3 days in to my 10 day. I decided to slowly eat a 4oz piece of salmon. My surgeon green-lighted a small, high protein piece of meal if i was feeling desperate.. I watched as my GF ate some shrimp lettuce wraps right in front of me, but the salmon did the trick.

Remember, this process is only as successful as you are sticking to your prescribed plan. Trust me when i say the pre op diet is harder than the post op diet. But my current struggle is knowing that i can start eating some actual foods soon and i want so bad to just move my diet forward. I want this to bea successfuly as possible. Today is Thursday the 22nd. I left the hospital from surgery 7 days ago. My scale says i've lost 16 pounds in that week. The progress is motivating me to stick to the plan.

You will only be as successful as you are sticking to the plan, and you have a great support group here to help you in your times of need.

Janalyn W.
on 6/23/17 7:09 pm
VSG on 06/16/17

I was just sleeved on 6-17-2017, exactly 1 week ago and the 2 week pre-op diet is difficult and varied depending on your Doctor. My energy was up & down during this time. My DR gave me latitude only because of my own prior medical training. He was however very clear in that if I did not shrink my liver that the surgery would be postponed. I asked him straight forward was he wanting me in Ketosis and he said yes. I knew I could accomplish this by doing the following:

1.Drinking the protein shakes his office provided or a shake nutritionally comparable. He provided Chike and I added in premier protein. 1-4 times

2. If I was hungry I needed to eat 1 meal of lean PROTEIN 4-5 ounces AND VEGETABLES 1/2 cup (non waxy)

3. No more that 20g of carbs per day undoubtedly put me into ketosis thus shrinking my liver

4. Water (plenty)

doing this I lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks and was able to get through surgery.

I would reach each out to your physician if you are still having difficulty. But stay strong, stay focused...you've got this!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics