My experence : from a 15 year old

sunshine12345
on 6/26/17 6:53 am
VSG on 05/22/17

Of course I have to follow the rules just like everybody. The most important reason I did this is because of my health. I want to be healthy and feel happy.

(deactivated member)
on 6/17/17 7:51 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Welcome to the boards! Please come here often and post and take part in discussions. It will be a valuable tool for you. Log everything you eat. I use myfitnesspal. Goodluck in your journey. I know what its like to be the fat friend in highschool and its not fun. While I never considered surgery so young I do know how hard hs can be when you aren't perfect and the toll it takes on confidence and emotions.

sunshine12345
on 6/26/17 6:55 am
VSG on 05/22/17

Thank You! Mostly I am doing this to become a healthy and happier person. The fat friend title does suck but one day I hope to be the one wearing little dresses and getting chased.lol

(deactivated member)
on 6/26/17 10:40 am
VSG on 01/12/17

You will be! It will be a whole new life and a really long one ahead of you to have a blast!

little_a
on 6/17/17 10:32 am
VSG on 06/13/17

Hi, I am 22 and wish I had done this before college. You are very lucky. Life is going to be so good and healthy for you. The possibilities are endless. Best of luck.

A

sunshine12345
on 6/26/17 6:58 am
VSG on 05/22/17

Thank you. That is my goal to be happy and healthy. Many people say i'm too young but I know I would have been really really huge if I didn't do something now. And with our new president I think he is trying to cut out programs like this and my mom had the ins now.

NANNY13
on 6/17/17 2:09 pm
WLS on 12/21/15

Sunshine, Who is your insurance company? I want this for my 17 year old, too.

sunshine12345
on 6/26/17 7:04 am
VSG on 05/22/17

my mom is a teacher it called NYSHIP . Its really not hard. I bounced back really fast I'm 5 weeks out and down and I was at my cousins bat mitzvah dancing like crazy 6 days later. I'm down 30 lbs I was always always starving. eating all day carb monster . that's all I ate. Now my stomach is smaller . I have no heartburn whatever that is no gas no problems and i'm actually full for the first time in my like on like 6 ounces of food. I eat an egg w/ cheese in the morning . For lunch turkey or egg drop soup, I can eat everything like chicken, steak, fish with no problem. I'm happy :)

jachristmas
on 6/17/17 2:11 pm
VSG on 12/14/16

Hello and Welcome! High school is so hard when you are overweight..well life itself is hard being overweight. It's wonderful that you recognized at such a young age that it was time to do something about your health, but please don't focus all your efforts on pleasing boys and "friends". Be kind to yourself and do this for YOU! And don't be surprised that as you lose weight and aren't the "fat friend" anymore, the true colors of those you thought were your friends may come out. Some will stay, and some will go. This is true for the young and old..but people will talk and some will be jealous of your progress. The changes are for life, and you now have so many healthier years ahead of you. Wishing you the best!

~Amanda~

HW at consult #1 5/19/16: 348 lbs.

Consult #2 8/31/16: 331 lbs.

SW 12/14/16: 286 lbs.

sunshine12345
on 6/26/17 7:10 am
VSG on 05/22/17

thank you so much. I guess when I wrote that my focus was on going to the movies with a cute guy because I was just so excited to go but in reality I did this for my health . To be on cheerleading being 240 lbs is not only sad its embarrassing . I have a long way to go but so far i'm down 30 in 5 weeks . Not that people are noticing it much because all my friends are 115 lbs . But i'm starting somewhere :)

Most Active
Recent Topics