Three Days Out!!

little_a
on 6/15/17 7:17 pm
VSG on 06/13/17

Hello everyone,

I am three days post-op from my VSG and I am feeling good. I have a lot of gas pains, and I am taking Vicodin to soothe the muscles that are sore around my diaphragm. I came home from the hospital today (June 15) and slept for a very long, uninterrupted time. It was perfect, I got to lay on my side and I didn't feel a thing. Thanks painkillers. My next obstacle is taking a shower.

Eating:

Day one: Nothing, just my IV and ice chips.

Day two: After my upper GI test was passed, I got chicken broth, 1/2 popsicle, and some water. About 28 ounces.

Day three: 1/2 beef broth, 1/2 SF jello, 12 ounces of milk with Carnation Essentials Light Start, about 6 ounces of soup, and my water goal of 64 ounces.

Now, I have trouble drinking because it doesn't go down all the way at first. It sort of settles and then i have to stretch and I feel it go down. And then I burp LOL. Those gasses are no joke.

The worst thing I experienced was getting my drain out. It stung so bad, that I thought I was gonna cry. I didn't but son of a ***** It still gives me shivers thinking about it. The staples coming out were no problem. Just that god damn drain! I am steri striped up and ready to conquer the world.

I have my follow up on Wednesday June 21 and plan to go back to work on the 26th. I can walk normally without pain, climb stairs, and do a bit of light bending. But the pain is prob dulled from the narcotics. I have light dizziness and headaches but not debilitating.

I haven't weighed myself but I am still very full of gas so they said that I probably weigh more than when I came in. So i'm gonna wait and just veg out and take care of myself. I wasn't at my goal for surgery but going from 280 to 255 is good enough for me right now.

That's my ramble-y update. I like having these records for my future. And maybe I can help any newcomers.

Best of luck,

A

ShirlAus
on 6/15/17 9:10 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Thank you for sharing - I am going in for mine on 26th June.

Hope you continue to heal well as it sounds like you are managing really well :)

Take care

Shirley

little_a
on 6/16/17 3:31 pm
VSG on 06/13/17

June 26th will be here before you know it! I am excited for you! I am trying my best to heal well. It really is a full time job to get my liquids in, especially since I have been napping a lot. The anesthesia still makes me tired. Along with the Vicodin.

Best,

A

ambec0308
on 6/16/17 6:09 pm, edited 6/16/17 11:10 am - AL
VSG on 06/28/17

Me too Shirley. I found out this morning and started my pre op diet.

Lap band 5/2010 lost 37 lbs regain 22.

5/19/17 Surgery consult 201.6 lbs

6/15/17 approved by insurance(started liquid diet) 194.7lbs

6/28/17 Surgery weight 184.4

Ugh7699
on 6/16/17 9:41 am

thank you for the detail. I have my VSG scheduled for the 28th of June and to be honest the unknown about recovery has me worried. Right now I am going back to work the week after surgery. I have a desk job, so no heavy lifting involved. I did tell my boss though that I was going to play it by ear for returning.

adistacke
on 6/16/17 1:35 pm
VSG on 05/16/17

I have a desk job but may have to walk quite a bit to get to a meeting and i took 3 weeks off. Be kind to yourself and if not ready, stay home or do half days. Don't wear anything with a tight waist cause it will cause pain in your abdomen later in the day. Good luck with surgery!

little_a
on 6/16/17 3:34 pm
VSG on 06/13/17

I def feel as though I could go back to work a little bit, but I am still very tired! Letting your boss know your condition is smart. You got this.

Best of luck,

A

sunshine12345
on 6/16/17 5:00 pm
VSG on 05/22/17

Hi I had mine on may 23 . so i'm like almost 4 weeks out. I seem to be able to drink a lot of water. Eat chicken, hamburger and eggs. I'm just trying to figure what else I can eat. I feel like I have a lot more time doing nothing instead of eating. I was in a lot of pain the 2 days in the hospital but 6 days later I was dancing at my cousins bat mitzvah. there was so much food there and I brought miso broth . BTW i'm 15 and lost 30 pds in like 4 weeks .

Most Active
Recent Topics