Drinking during meal-EVER?

(deactivated member)
on 6/14/17 5:24 pm

Thank you!

Donna L.
on 6/14/17 6:31 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Ever see eating competitions? You know what they do to eat 100 hot dogs? They drink. A lot.

Water compresses food further down and lubricates it. Ever notice that if you eat dryer protein you can only eat less? You can eat huge volumes of food.

We also have gastrectomies. While it's extremely unlikely anything will happen after it heals, it avoids discomfort and distention. It helps keep the top sphincter of the esophagus tight, as well. I'm way more concerned about that than the sleeve stretching, because it's hard to stretch really.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

(deactivated member)
on 6/14/17 6:33 pm

Thank you

kyzze
on 6/14/17 11:45 pm
VSG on 12/29/15 with

No. Never. I do miss it, but you get used to it. It's a small sacrifice to make when you think about.

Kyzze

Luvmygs
on 6/15/17 7:57 am
VSG on 12/04/14

Sorry, but its forever. You can never drink with your meals again. Now that said, I'm 2-1/2 years post op and I've had to sip some water maybe twice since my surgery during a meal. Twice, I got something caught in my throat had to wa**** down with a sip of water. If you want to stay full for a few hours after your meal, its best you don't drink any liquids with your meals. Its really not that difficult. You will get used to it.

(deactivated member)
on 6/15/17 8:34 am, edited 6/15/17 1:34 am

Thank you... so consensus says .. nvr unless you are choking.. and so now the question is I take 20 supplements... yup hair growth natural metabolism vitamins minerals Omega's you name it.. I take more than Dr. OZ... take 15 min before meal .. right?

diane S.
on 6/16/17 10:54 am

I gotta admit I occasionally have a very small sip or two of water during a meal if my mouth feels dry. But very little and its best to avoid this. I am 7 years out so things are different at this stage. Earlier on its important to just not do it. I had a friend who always drank loads of water during a meal. She was obese. I couldn't hold all that even when I was MO. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active
Recent Topics