Getting Sleeved in November!! HELP. I'm doing this journey alone.

LivingTheLifeInPA
on 6/14/17 2:46 pm

Hi. I don't have an answer to your questions, but I too will probably be having surgery in October/November. Thought I'd introduce myself!

Felice

JenniferShrinks
on 6/16/17 9:35 am
VSG on 11/10/17

Thank you for introducing yourself, Felice! We will be having our surgery around the same time. I'd love to help be a support system for you through this, and vice versa. It will be nice going through it with someone.

LivingTheLifeInPA
on 6/30/17 8:57 am

Definitely! Looking forward to chatting with you soon. Have a great 4th!

Yuri445
on 6/14/17 5:34 pm, edited 6/14/17 10:39 am
VSG on 05/18/17

Please keep in mind that I am only one month post surgery, so my experience is definitely limited compared to those who have had the surgery for months/years.

At 5'2 and 215 pounds what can I expect? I am 5'4 and weighed about the same before my surgery. My weight is going down very slowly. If you are bigger, you lose more.

How bad is the pain? It was a little bad for me the first day. Got a little better the second day. But it got so much better on the third day.

How saggy will my skin be? I lose weight very slowly, so I'm hoping it helps with the saggy skin. It all depends on how fast you lose. Too fast, expect a lot more saggy skin.

Are you still hungry? I wasn't hungry for almost two weeks. Then I slowly started feeling a little hungry. But then at that stage I was doing soft foods so I was okay.

Is it easier to exercise? Walking is very easy. Not a problem for me at all.

What noticeable health benefits have you experienced? Nothing yet, but I have high blood pressure and PCOS. I'm hoping it helps my condition soon.

Did any of you have an infection? No infections for me.

Did any of you have complications during or after surgery? None, but I have constipation. Not sure if that is a complication but it is a problem for me.

little_a
on 6/15/17 7:23 pm
VSG on 06/13/17

Hey girl, I am three days out from VSG. I am 22. The pain is not that bad, the worst is the gas and it settled for me pretty fast. However, it's still there in a dull way and drinking makes it worse. I had a drain that was not fun and when they pulled it, that was the most painful experience of the whole thing. I have head hunger, like I want to eat pizza but I am not hungry at all. I just eat whenever I feel like it, usually a very watered down shake or strained soup. No complications during surgery, and I followed my pre-op loosely. I started all liquid for a few weeks before but ate some solid food while still watching carbs. The night before surgery I had a chicken club without the bun and tater tots. My doc said I was incredibly healthy (minus the morbid obesity). I am 5'9 and my SW was 280 and my surgery weight was 255.

You don't have to do this alone. We are here to support you. Holla if you have any questions.

JenniferShrinks
on 6/20/17 8:16 am
VSG on 11/10/17

Hey girl! How are you doing now that you are a week out?

Any updates or changes?

little_a
on 6/21/17 8:07 pm
VSG on 06/13/17

Hiya! I should write a big update, shouldn't I? Well I am 12 lbs down from surgery so 243 as of today Wednesday June 21. I am doing just fine. No pain, except when my dog jumped off me and scratched my drain incision site which hurt the most. My doc didn't progress me to pureed so it's another week of liquids. I am back in my college town apartment with my two roommates instead of my parents house. I am ready to get a workout routine down and my eating routine down. Getting in 3 protein shakes, 2 meal replacements, and all my water is hard but not impossible. I can swallow a lot more now and am able to get probably 4-6 ounces in about ten minutes. I don't rush myself but thats about how much I take in naturally.

Thanks for checking in!!

Most Active
Recent Topics