Dieting 9 years later

Maureen K.
on 6/9/17 4:28 pm

Ok been quite awhile since I have been around- I tend to come back here as it seems to be my place for support and strength when I feel like Im slipping back into old me.

I recently started trying to lose weight again... I have gained 10 pounds back since my goal - doesn't seem like much right?? a little more than a pound a year.

I think I could actually accept it if had been a pound a year but the reality is that I have gained it all over the past 1 and a half.

So my husband and I started together trying to cut out must complex carbs no bread pasta rice potatoes sugar wine alcohol etc. just protein and veggies like the old days. So far I'm doing ok i lost a pound I must say it isn't easy but what I am grateful for is this wonderful tool the sleeve because when i eat my meal that I am totally not thrilled with taste like a diet i get full and i say well it was just food and I can't eat more even if I want the bad stuff so.... this sleeve is still working for me after all these years 9 years later.

Truth is and I know you have heard it before it truly is a tool and you have to know how to work with it in order for it to work. I run into people that knew me when I was fat and they always say how long has it been and when i say 9 years they always reply with I am proud of you so many people i know that had the surgery have gained it back. My response is always welt first I got looked at like I was week taking the easy way out having the surgery but now years later I am looked at as strong because I have made it work.

So i guess for this reason for this long post is you can do it too just learn what works for you and watch those nasty evil carbs sugar and don't drink you calories. Chips cookies etc are way too easy to over eat on.

Cheers

Mo

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

Nura777
on 6/10/17 6:31 am

Thank you for sharing your experience. It's great to hear from long-termers.

AmadaCorazon
on 6/10/17 9:33 am
VSG on 11/25/16

Thank you for sharing!

(deactivated member)
on 6/11/17 3:25 am
VSG on 12/28/16

Thanks for coming back to share. Those of us still early in the process find it helpful to know what happens long term. I'm in month 5 and wonder if I'll still struggle year 2 and beyond.

Maureen K.
on 6/11/17 8:30 am

Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the further out you get the more the struggle is real - a til is to weigh yourself at least 2 times a week when you see that scale jump 2-3 crack the whip and nip

it quick 2-3 is easy 10-15 is really hard - you can do it ??

SW - 223  CW- 130 GW- 140  Start Sz 18 Current Sz 4 Ht. 5'6"
 BA- LBL/TT 11/3/09

(deactivated member)
on 6/11/17 10:33 pm
VSG on 12/28/16

Thanks. That's what I was afraid you were going to say. I need an 'unlike' button. ?

I know I'm in it for a long fight so I've got to dig in again.

Rachel B.
on 6/11/17 10:32 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Hey Mo! Boy don't I know that stuff is true. I came back in October after having gained back about 97 over my lowest. I'm back down to 172 now (my lowest was 144), but it hasn't been a ray of sunshine. The hardest part about this journey is not the loss. It's the maintenance. At least I've learned how to eat again!

Welcome back!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Jp2lose
on 6/13/17 8:12 am - Omaha, NE
I'm right there with you! I'm seven years out. At five years I had a little gain and lost it plus some extra and felt fantastic. In the last year I have hardly been running after being an avid runner and my food addiction, aka sugar addiction, kicked in. I gained about 30 lbs. I've been back on low carb now for a week. My sleeve capacity hadn't really changed over the years, which is great. I just need to get my mindset back where it belongs!

Good luck on your journey! I'm jealous that your husband is doing it with you. I can't convince mine to and he needs it more than I do!
Most Active
Recent Topics