Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Monday 6/5/17

Cathy H.
on 6/5/17 5:08 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

Tried Bai for the first time today. Like the Pineapple Coconut, hate the Mango lol. Still, at least that's one more thing I can drink that tastes good! Will be nice for a change once in a while. Oh! Also discovered that Lipton Diet Green Tea comes in Mixed Berry as well. I had never tried it, but it's great! So I now will switch between the Citrus and the Berry for my daily beverage (besides my coffee, of course).

B: Dannon L&F 80 Greek yogurt w/15g Fiber One cereal, coffee w/heavy cream

L: Turkey sausage snack sticks w/Whisps (just tried them...yummo!)

D: Cucumber, tomato, boiled egg, and bacon pieces with guacamole

Water and vites on track

E: Not until after Wed when I get my cortisone shots!

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/6/17 4:50 am, edited 6/5/17 9:50 pm

Dairy - like in cheese, whey, etc. can cause increased mucus production in the body. More mucus- worse congestion - both, sinus and bronchitis (coughing)

When I get sick - I try to limit dairy. I would choose things like homemade egg drop soup (chicken stock with mixed eggs- so light and good) with some pepper to try to break the congestion. Using a strong horseradish with my meat proteins can really help to clean the sinuses.

Fyi - I am finish recovering from a summer cold- and my SO got nasty cough, while I was able to limit the cold to the sinuses.

Surprisingly - the "Airborne" drinks and chewable pills not only tasted good, but I think they helped with clearing the congestion. (The citrus flavored stuff tasted much better to me than the berry)

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
Recent Topics