Meal Ideas needed!!!

AshtonE727
on 6/3/17 5:58 pm
VSG on 03/07/17

I am needing lunch ideas that I can take to work along with any good snacks. I am almost 3 months post op. Any suggestions would be awesome! Thank you ?

Erin T.
on 6/3/17 6:25 pm
VSG on 01/17/17

My lunches consist mostly of deli meat (spread with laughing cow cheese) and rolled up or deli meat with cheese rolled up. I also often times bring leftover protein from dinner the night before. When I'm in a hurry/on the road I will eat Oscar Meyer P3 Protein packs (the ones with 15g of protein).

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Knitter215
on 6/3/17 6:29 pm
VSG on 08/23/16

I don't have access to a fridge at work, so everything I pack goes in a lunch box with a chill pack. On an average day, I'll pack

An Oikos Triple Zero Yogurt (am or pm snack)

A bento box type lunch with 2 ounces of protein (deli turkey, roast beef, tuna or chicken salad), 10 almonds and some baby carrots or some celery.

An afternoon snack - maybe cheese sticks. Maybe fruit. (I'm 9 months out.)

Other days, I may make a "sandwich" on a high protein, low carb wrap (there are a few brands) and usually I can only eat about half of it.

I usually don't eat all of what I pack, but because I don't have anywhere I can pick up what I need near the office . . . I also keep a couple of Premier Protein pre-made shakes in a drawer in my desk just in case.

Tuna in lettuce cups is nice. Hard boiled eggs are easy to transport. There are lots of possibilities. Try pinterest - bariatric lunches turns up a lot of ideas, that was where I started.

Keep on losing!

Diana

HW 271.5 (April 2016) SW 246.9 (8/23/16) CW 158 (5/2/18)

dh101
on 6/3/17 7:22 pm
VSG on 06/29/17

While I am still pre-op, after living the last nine years with a wonderful man who has had 2 heart attack (hence gone through the cardio nutrition counseling) there is no way I would never eat deli meat again.

I have 3 bento boxes I use for lunch. I use 4 oz zip lock containers to break up my leftovers. I have a microwave at work, so I can reheat. However one of my bento boxes is a Zorjuri thermos. It has 2 inner containers, 2 hot and, 2 cold. So I can take 8 oz hot soup, 10 oz hot entre, 6 oz salad, 4 oz fresh fruit. And it keeps the food at the correct temperatures for 5 to 6 hours.

Zorjuri makes a variety of bento boxes and the Japanese have been taking lunch to work for centuries. Why not see what you can do that is healthy and nutritious?

chicken does, tuna on salad, home made soup, tofu with edamame and kimchi

the other day to test a recipe I made "Cream of Fish" soup. It is a delicious creamy textured soup that is low fat. It did require a double boiler. I used scrod, celery, and onion in 2% milk. A little marjoram for seasoning. Then I added a little cream of rice at the end of the cooking. I then ran it through a blender to make it smooth.

There are a world full of food to choose from. Expand your horizons. You can find healthy choices.

best of luck.

It is better to travel and get lost...

Than never to travel at all.

Cathy H.
on 6/3/17 7:56 pm, edited 6/3/17 12:57 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

I do have a fridge I can use at work, so my go-to lunches are:

• 2 oz ham or hard salami and 2 Cheese Head Swirls cheese sticks (cheddar and mozzarella)
  • 3 rollups made with 1-oz ham slice and 1T cream cheese
  • 3 turkey sausage snack sticks and 2 Swirls or 1.5 oz medium or sharp cheddar
  • 1 can (4oz) vienna sausages with 1T reduced sugar ketchup
  • Dannon L&F 80 Greek yogurt
  • Any protein leftover from last night's dinner

I'm afraid I don't snack, so I can't help you there! And I hate nuts, so you will never see them on my menu lol

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

AD_Jordan
on 6/3/17 8:54 pm

I like prosciutto wrapped around a stick of mozzarella cheese. A single unit is $1.99 at my local Target. I get more bang for my buck buying the ingredients at Costco and rolling them myself.

I also buy large blocks of cheese, cut, weigh, and pack them into specific individual serving sizes.

I use my Instant Pot to make a big batch of boneless chicken every week. This method keeps the chicken tender and not dry, which is essential for edibility.

Add some mayo or yogurt, and it becomes chicken salad. My kid uses it plain on her salad. The spouse adds a bit of BBQ sauce to his.

Instead of crackers, I have cheese "crisps", which are made with one ingredient: cheese.

Sunday afternoon is usually a good time for me to do prep work for lunches. While I'm slicing and dicing, I can have eggs hard-boiling on the stove. Having lunch items "at the ready" helps keep me on plan.

VSG on 11/15/16 . . . HW: +/- 265 . . . SW: 252 . . . CW: 187 (as of 5/22/17)

diane S.
on 6/4/17 11:09 am

I take tuna in foil pouches - they have some flavored ones now - and are good. Also string cheese sticks or beef jerky. Sometimes a few almonds. GY individual servings are good too and a few baby carrots for a veggie. I am into minimal preparation. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Eggface
on 6/5/17 2:11 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Most Active
Recent Topics