Whatcha eating today, VSGers? Wednesday 5/31/2017

Gwen M.
on 5/31/17 7:26 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Good question. The goal I've given Trendweight is, I think, probably unrealistic. It's my ideal weight as calculated by a number of different ideal weight calculators - 120. I honestly don't think I'll ever be able to get there. I don't know if it would be healthy for me to get there. I do know that I won't be able to get there without plastic surgery so...

It's a good question and I don't have a good answer. Yes, I do plan to keep working on losing weight after plastic surgery. I know that this might compromise my plastic results and that I might need to have a revision at some point in the future. I'm okay with that potential because I know that it'll still be better to have excess skin from ~40 pounds of potential future weight loss than the excess skin from the ~160 pounds of current weight loss.

This falls into the category of "I might not be making the best possible choice, but it is the best possible choice for me." Ideally I would like to lose a bit more before having plastics but I'm hoping to start working in my field next year and, once I start working, I'll be a n00b with no vacation time. And who knows when I'd have time to take 2-6 weeks off in the future - not once, but THREE times. So best to do it now while I can.

I also feel strongly that plastics will be a good way for me to protect against regain. (This might not be the case for everyone, but I feel this way for myself, especially with the HUGE cost.) So I'd rather do it now than wait until who knows when.

But, yeah, good question and I don't have a good answer for it. I also don't recommend that others follow my example with this but, ultimately, it's a personal choice and we all need to do what we think will work best for us.

In good news, though, with trepidation I did ask my plastic surgeon the burning question, "Am I fooling myself to think my body is ready for plastic surgery now?" And he was super positive and reassuring. So yay!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

sisgldnhr12
on 5/31/17 8:18 am
VSG on 04/17/17

B- 1/2 cp oatmeal & 1/2 cp strawberries w/stevia

L- leftover Turkey,Feta, Spinach burger

D- low carb wrap with turkey, red peppers, red onions, cucumber slices, hummus or lowfat cream cheese

S- protein shake

MAchick
on 5/31/17 8:50 am
VSG on 01/27/14

The scale finally moved!! I've been waiting for that ******* to help me out.

Bought a bunch of veggies, protein, Greek yogurt, and cheese. I have a small goal of 10lbs to lose, but my is it daunting. Especially over 3 years out.

B: homemade cold brew with 2% milk, scoop of syntrax

L: 2 hard boiled eggs

S: maybe some salami and cheese roll ups

D: will probably make Bubba burgers on top of arugula, with sautéed mushrooms and onions

W: 4/10

V: been sticking with a prenatal daily

Kristi T.
on 5/31/17 9:25 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

No, I can't believe it's June already, time is moving very fast these days. I'm getting my flowers on Friday, can't wait. I did plant my Cosmos seeds on Sunday.

I hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

B-Sprouted grain toast w/raw honey

L-Hard boiled egg & cheese

S-sliced cucumbers and turkey jerky

D-TBD

W&V-On track

E-Late evening hike with dog

OutsideMatchInside
on 5/31/17 9:59 am
VSG on 07/15/15

B: Coffee

Lunch: Cubed Pork Steak

2nd Lunch" Cubed Pork Steak

Pre Dinner: Spinach

Dinner: Pork Chop

Snacks Coffee and Iced Tea maybe some halo top, depends.

HW:370 Weight at First Consult: 365 Surgery 7/15/2015 Weight:358 CW: 187 Previous Clothing Size: 28/30 Current Clothing Size: 8/10

yvonnef1964
on 5/31/17 10:37 am
VSG on 08/11/14

B bacon and sausage egg muffins and string cheese

L tuna , cottage cheese and little bit of potato salad

D shrimp stirfry and broccoli

S Greek yogurt and cutie orange

Have a good day

jachristmas
on 5/31/17 12:39 pm
VSG on 12/14/16

Feeling slightly better, but the sinus pressure in my head is ridiculous..makes me want to just lay my head down and stay there. At least my tummy doesn't feel quite so icky today.

B premier shake

L last of the bbq chicken

D stew beef with carrots and potatoes for the fellas

Vitamins in. Water on track for a change. Already took a short walk, not sure what else I can drag my body to go do today..probably not much.

Cathy H.
on 5/31/17 5:03 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

So upset, I got a letter yesterday saying my orthopod is retiring! He was so great, now I have to find a new one, and that's not an easy feat in this small area. Bleh...the search is on.

On a good note, had a great day at work today! The summer camp also has animals, and I got my tour and got to interact with them. It was so much fun!!

B: Coffee w/heavy cream (forgot my breakfast...ugh!)

L: Vienna sausages with reduced sugar ketchup

D: Cucumber and tomatoe salad w/bacon, boiled egg, and cheddar, topped with parm italian and ranch mixed

Water and vites on track

E: Walking

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

sampeck
on 5/31/17 5:34 pm
VSG on 05/22/17

first day on the soft stage and could not be more excited! shake, shake, tofu, ricotta cheese

Rachel B.
on 5/31/17 6:42 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

June... CHRIST! Its getting HOT outside...

Yesterdays #'s: Calories-951, Fat-25.4g, Fiber-3g, Carbs-50.6g, Sodium-2534.4mg, Protein-126.8g, Water-2736ml. Daily Calorie Composition: 22% from carbs, 24% from fat and 54% from protein.

AM: Espresso with SF Torani Peppermint & ON White Chocolate Protein

Br: Salsa chicken with cheese, salsa & sour cream and quinoa

L: Mozzarella cheese stick

D: chicken Breast, cottage cheese and hummus

S: protein bar

Water & Vites

E: Arms til dead and treadmill

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Most Active
Recent Topics