Soooo I'm 1 month post op.....

bruindiva92
on 5/31/17 12:00 pm
Revision on 03/29/17

I am glad to hear you are doing better and feeling better. Listen to your body and you will get back to the gym soon enough.

Couple of suggestions--get a watch and set alarms to remind you to eat. My watch is set and I eat or drink during the selected time. Now, with my revision, I drink at least 60 oz of fluids before my first meal. My first meal is around 12 pm. My final meal is around 9 pm (trying this out since I am hungry around bedtime).

If you can, prepare your meals on the weekend and take them to work. Weigh everything and put in containers you can store in the freezer--use post-its to record the ounces. This helps me stay on plan.

If you think you are hungry, drink something first. I drink decaf tea, hot tea, iced tea, crystal light. I don't tolerate plain water at all. If you are still hungry, then eat.

Weigh and log everything. I even have a scale in my purse! I also carry protein snacks & something to drink in my purse just in case (yes, I carry a large purse)!

And no, eating and drinking separately does not change. Reason is drink will wash the food right through the stomach and you will not have the full sensation once your nerves have healed. If you continue to each and drink, your food volume will increase and the weight loss will come to a halt.

You are doing very well on your journey. Keep up the great work!

purduebaby12
on 6/3/17 11:41 am

These are really good tips!!! but I'm gonna need a bigger purse!!!!lol I was thinking about getting a "traveling scale" because I need one but I thought it was doing to much but now at least I'll know I'm not the only one.....

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/17 7:17 pm

I tried adding gene pro unflavored protein powder to water with lime and was able to get 30 grams of protein in my water! I'm still pre surgery but am trying to get used to eating more protein and getting more water. Your post encouraged me! Surgery set for 5/22!

purduebaby12
on 6/3/17 11:44 am

pre-congrats!! that would be nice!!! kill to birds with one stone!!! I'm going to look on amazon right now! I really need a quick and easy way to get my protein up and this would be easy I could do cucumber mint and lime can we say yuuuuuuummmmmmy or a fruit mix water yum!!

Most Active
Recent Topics