Whatcha Eating Today, VSGers? Sunday, 5/28/17

(deactivated member)
on 5/28/17 10:59 am
VSG on 03/28/17

I've also noticed losses after less than stellar eating days. I wonder if we just have high metabolic needs days sometimes.

Rachel B.
on 5/28/17 11:20 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Maybe so. I think our diet is so limited, calorie-wise, that it is possible our bodies get to a point where they have a 'brake-through' hunger pint, if you will. I know I tend to keep myself away from my trigger foods so as not to wake the beast. However, my trainer always reminds me to have a little treat every once in a while so that when I am able to have something I crave, I don't go off the rails. I have had a sweet tooth my whole life, which is why I have the drawer of protein bars.

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

CC C.
on 5/28/17 12:18 pm

Do you know I've never eated a protein bar? If they are good enough to keep that many around, maybe I don't want to. I do have a drawer full of Premier Protein drinks though!

Cathy H.
on 5/28/17 12:39 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

I look at protein bars once in a while. All I can think is how much they seem like candy bars, and that's a trigger I don't need to pull! lol

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

Rachel B.
on 5/28/17 1:10 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Lol! I never think about them being a trigger. And I might eat one or two a week, but they're there if I need them. I'm also hypoglycemic, so I travel with them as well. I'm pretty certain I don't need to order anymore for a while...

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Kristi T.
on 5/28/17 10:33 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Sorry you had a rough day. It's definitely like that sometimes and it's scary, I agree. The fact that you recognize what's happening is half the battle. Congratulations for getting out of the obese category, that's an amazing milestone!!

Highfunctioningfatman
on 5/28/17 8:55 am
VSG on 08/29/16

Today I'm going to be stripping about 1500 pounds of scrap metal. Mostly stainless, brass and aluminum. I will probably also rebuild a pneumatic ram for down at the carwash. I also have a new tool cart and cart for supplies to assemble and take down to the car wash. I'm tired of the unorganized tools and the stolen shopping cart being used for supplies down there. It is so unprofessional. If I have any time left I will continue prepping the building for paint.

Tomorrow I get to play though, we have a white water boat race and carnival going on so we are planning on taking the day off.

B; 4 slices of bacon!

L; most likely a chicken enchilada.

S; probably refried beans with habanero sauce.

D; so many choices in leftovers. It could be shrimp, shrooms and onion in a spicy sauce. Possibly some roast. Perhaps Chinese food. Either way, it will be good.

LeslieWesleysyxx
on 5/28/17 8:56 am
Revision on 03/14/18

Hoping to get a swim in later tonight if the storms hold off. That's really gonna up my exercise and get a good upper body workout in.

B: greek yogurt, coffee

L: 3 oz deli ham with 2 slices smoked cheddar cheese

D: gonna try the Salsa chicken that was on the main page earlier this week

S: protein bar

E: walk/swim

W&V

Kristi T.
on 5/28/17 10:43 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Another beautiful day here again. Planned a wonderful hike yesterday with my dog, we got half way and had to turn around due to the river washing out the entire trail. I was wondering why so many cars were exiting the area as I was entering:-)

B-Yogurt with power seed mix(chia, flax and hemp)

L-Hard boiled egg, string cheese wrapped in turkey

S-?

D-Fried cauliflower rice & pork

W&V-on track

E-Yard work, walk this evening

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!

jachristmas
on 5/28/17 11:13 am
VSG on 12/14/16

Had a nice evening with my husband yesterday. Then it was homecoming at church today..and SO MUCH food..that I could have cared less about for once in my life! I didn't even walk past the dessert table because it's not even on my radar. Plus it must be one of those off days..just am not hungry at all..food yuck! Really tried but didn't quite get all my liquids in yesterday and things today aren't moving well..hopefully a dose of miralax in my tea and plenty of fluids today will clear things right up.

B premier shake

L half a chicken thigh(skin removed), 1 deviled egg, and 2 bites of green beans(basically 2 beans lol)

D no idea! don't even want to eat or think about it right now. prob just a shake but if I feel like a "meal" a tuna pouch with cucumber slices is my plan

Vitamins in. Water in progress. Exercise: really want to have the pool ready for tomorrow if the storms hold off, so going out in a bit to vacuum and clean..ARM workout!

Most Active
Recent Topics