Medicaid coverage in Louisiana for Gastric Sleeve

KayJen91
on 1/2/18 12:22 am - Maurice , La

I need help!! I have been trying to figure out the first steps i need to take in order to have wls and it be covered by Medicaid! Please help

Jusmee
on 6/12/17 3:47 pm

I UNDERSTAND YOU FULLY... MY APPOINTMENT WAS SCHEDULED FOR JUNE 8TH... AND I HAVE NO LUCK FINDING ANOTHER DR EITHER... I WAITING FOR A BLESSING!!!

CandyRenea
on 7/6/17 2:45 pm

The same thing happened with me with the same Dr. I just don't know what to do.

MsNikki318
on 9/28/17 8:47 pm - Bastrop, LA, LA
VSG on 10/28/16

I'm not sure if this doctor/hospital is still taking medicaid. They were. It can't hurt to try. They have a website. best of luck. I went to Dr Dominguez, Oct 28,2016. I'm glad I chose to go ahead and no wait. Like skinny, never had weight issues family. Who said wait until school out,in May 2017!

I will continue to search and post on the medicaid doctor list,any valuable info.

• Willis-Knighton Medical Center
    2600 Greenwood Road
    Shreveport, LA 71103
    (318) 212-4250

PrettyVee83
on 6/21/17 7:49 am - Baton Rouge, LA
VSG on 11/17/17

Have you found a doctor yet?

(deactivated member)
on 6/21/17 7:58 am

No, I haven't had any luck.

PrettyVee83
on 7/6/17 4:00 pm - Baton Rouge, LA
VSG on 11/17/17

UPDATE.....I found another doctor who is accepting new patients in Louisiana. Do you have all of your Medicaid requirements including doctor's referral??

Y.Smith
on 7/6/17 9:07 am

Hi I also went through all the requirements for The dr in Covington and was waiting for an appointment but was later told they wasn't taking Medicaid anymore so could you please tell me who you found that Medicaid. I've been so depressed about not being able to have this surgery

(deactivated member)
on 7/6/17 9:27 pm

I meet all requirements. I have the BMI over 40 . Please share the doctor info!

PrettyVee83
on 7/7/17 12:20 am - Baton Rouge, LA
VSG on 11/17/17

I want to be 100% certain that everything with this doctor is a "GO" before posting the info. My PCP has faxed the referral to his office and I'm waiting on them to give me a call to set an appointment. Trust me I've asked a lot of questions so far. I I also understand the disappointment when you think everything will work out and something happens and it gets your hopes down. I also understand that this is just as stressful and depressing to others in my position. I'm waiting for the office to call me back to set my appointment and I promise once they do I will happily pass on the info. I don't want to mislead anyone and that way we all WIN! I promise to keep you ladies in the loop! Stay optimistic and encouraged!

Most Active
Recent Topics