Medicaid coverage in Louisiana for Gastric Sleeve

NishaWynn
on 10/26/17 6:32 am - New Orleans , La

No im not. I've seen how extremely difficult it is to get Medicaid to cover the surgery and I'm super impatient so I've been trying to find ways to pay for it out of pocket. However, I haven't been able to save up that much and I wasn't approved for a medical loan. So I'm gonna go ahead and call United today and see what I need to do to get the process started to see if they'll cover the procedure.

MonaLeeza25
on 10/30/17 12:12 pm

I am so happy for you!! I've been checking this site and following with you. I've been trying to find new surgeons around too. I truly wish the best for you, and I'm so happy for you again. I know this is like a weight lifted off your shoulder. I'll be giving this doctor a call soon too.

PrettyVee83
on 11/1/17 6:24 pm - Baton Rouge, LA
VSG on 11/17/17

It really is! I'm so excited and blessed! My surgery is approved and my surgery is a day after my 34th Birthday! My Birthday is Nov. 16, my surgery is Nov. 17th!

AnotherNewBeginning #AnotherChanceAtLife

MonaLeeza25
on 11/1/17 7:14 pm

Omg That is great!!! They don't have a contract with my insurance at the moment but I'm still working on it. I won't give up! It is definitely a new chance at life!!

Quette43
on 11/19/17 4:39 pm
VSG on 02/23/18

Congrats on your surgery!!!! How is the doctor? What was it like after surgery? After you completed the requirements, then met the doctor, what were your next steps?

PrettyVee83
on 11/19/17 5:03 pm - Baton Rouge, LA
VSG on 11/17/17

Dr. O'Connell is very comforting and very efficient. I will be completely honest by saying right after I woke from surgery the pain was severe. My back was in excruciating pain and I threw up all day and night and partially into the next day. All the pain I had was from gas. They pump your body full of gas before the surgery. The second day was a lot better but still painful. Getting through the first day is the hardest. The pain is consistent afterwards but bearable.

Quette43
on 11/19/17 6:14 pm
VSG on 02/23/18

They don't give you pain meds?

PrettyVee83
on 11/20/17 11:49 am - Baton Rouge, LA
VSG on 11/17/17

Yes, they do. It's in liquid form. While you're in the hospital they will give them to you through your I.V. but you will also get a prescription for liquid opioids before you even have surgery.

Quette43
on 11/22/17 10:19 am
VSG on 02/23/18

Thank goodness! I wonder if it was morphine because that makes me throw up...

Quette43
on 1/4/18 3:22 pm
VSG on 02/23/18

Hello! How are you doing? How much weight have you lost? Can you please share the address? I have an appointment tomorrow and realized I failed to get the address.

Most Active
Recent Topics