Struggling....

dmcs85
on 5/16/17 6:57 pm

Thanks for the website :-) chicken and broth sounds yummy too

dh101
on 5/18/17 2:17 pm
VSG on 06/29/17

Dense protein are Fish, Chicken, Turkey, Beef, Pork, Veal, Tofu and Peanut Butter. I believe that some other legumes count as well, but the beans tend to be higher in carbohydrates as well as the proteins.

I have approached the weight loss prior to the liquid diet for surgery prep is that I am reprogramming the Meat Computer (brain). What can I eat that is healthy? What 3 or 4 ounces of protein will I REALLY enjoy for this meal? Next what veggies can I add to that to make the meal more interesting? I know I am hungry... so a small (no more than 1/4 cup) of starch... Ok.. So if I am allowing myself to have starch, what starch will be really high fiber and perhaps have some protein as well? Brown Rice, Quinoa, Barley! I also have a Chinese 7 Grain mix whi*****ludes Peas, Brown Rice, Purple Rice, Barley, Millet and two more that I can't remember right now.

Nex****er... That has been a struggle for me. Not because I haven't figured out how to make it a flavor I like, but timing of drinking it. Drinking 25 ounces just before going on a 4 hour drive does NOT work. :-o

My preference is to add a little MiO (or the Market Basket version) to my water. I find that Crystal Light and its ilk are too much for me unless I have 30 ounces of water to flavor.

If you want ideas for QUICK meals, let me know. My husband and I have been working on creating delicious meals in under 25 minutes!

It is better to travel and get lost...

Than never to travel at all.

Smallbites2015
on 5/21/17 11:54 am

You can do it. One day at a time. Breathe, breathe and keep breathing. Try and focus, I'm having to learn that again

(deactivated member)
on 5/21/17 8:12 pm

truelime comes in packets and is handy to add to your water when you can't get a fresh one. I keep packets in my purse.

I'm pre-op too and have been struggling with any kind of weight loss. When is your surgery scheduled?

dmcs85
on 5/21/17 8:59 pm

I will look into those. Thank you :-)

I do not have a date yet. I turn all my pre-op stuff into the insurance June 5th. Not sure how long it will take them to ok it and set date

Knitter215
on 5/22/17 12:18 pm
VSG on 08/23/16

Before surgery I started doing protein shakes for breakfast - I still do. I was never much of a breakfast person during the work week. Here are a handful of my faves:

1 Premier Protein Caramel Pre-mixed shake (or a QUest caramel packet), 8-12 ounces of cold coffee, a couple of squirts of sugar free chocolate syrup (like the kind they use at coffee shops) and ice. Throw in the blender and you've got a 24-30g of protein frappucino.

10 ounces of coconut milk, 1 scoop of protein powder and a handful of frozen tropical fruit (with my hands, it's a bit more than 1/2 cup). Blend.

I also like using Oikos triple zero yogurt as a snack. Low calorie but 15 grams of protein.

Check pinterest for ideas. Put in high protein low carb meals and you'll get tons of ideas.

Keep on losing!

Diana

HW 271.5 (April 2016) SW 246.9 (8/23/16) CW 158 (5/2/18)

Most Active
Recent Topics