Sushi

Sai F.
on 5/16/17 7:24 am
VSG on 09/02/16

I eat sashimi all the time. Maybe try a few pieces of that instead of sushi. You'll fill up much quicker due to no carbohydrates and you'll be full before you get to your sushi. :) Good luck!

Banded June 2009- Allergan 10mL AP-S

Revised to Sleeve in September 2016

Rachel B.
on 5/16/17 10:09 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

I have always preferred Sashimi. you can also get wraps without rice. I will get spicy tuna wrap that is very good. But I can really chomp down on Salmon sashimi. it is actually the only way I like salmon. I've only had cooked salmon that tasted good once, and that was Scottish salmon in London. Don't get that round here!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

dh101
on 5/18/17 3:04 pm
VSG on 06/29/17

I eat a lot of salmon because it is affordable. My husband and I have a variety of ways we like to prepare it. The easiest is also the quickest.

Buy a portion of Salmon. For me that is 3 ounces. For hubby he gets 4 or 5 ounces. Sprinkle with a little sea salt and black pepper. Spray a hot frying pan with Pam. Place Salmon in pan flesh side down. Leave until the brown develops. (Brown is the important flavor.) You will know when it is time to turn it over because the color change will be about 1/2 way up the portion. Turn on to the skin side and coo****il the color is all the same. (Preferably no longer as it will dry out.) Serve!

It is better to travel and get lost...

Than never to travel at all.

(deactivated member)
on 5/19/17 3:03 pm
VSG on 03/28/17

Do you have a quick/easy way to cook frozen salmon without defrosting it first?

diane S.
on 5/18/17 11:11 am

Sushi doesn't appeal to me that much so when the crowd wants to go to a sushi place, I always get seared ahi. tastes great. I avoid rice. We have it around the house because our very old dog needs to eat it but no appeal for me. diane s

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Donna L.
on 5/21/17 8:29 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I eat sashimi. A bigger concern is if you take a PPI and eat raw fish, as we don't have as much acid to destroy pathogens, then.

I have had su****wice, once to reward myself, which I try not to do as for me it is a very slippery slope. I immediately regretted it and stick to sashimi now, or get other options. The local place will make me sushi with matchstick cucumber instead of rice, so sometimes I will get this.

I can honestly probably eat 2-3 cups of rice even having a very small sleeve. Rice squooshes down considerably in the stomach, and we begin digesting it when we chew, actually, since it's so starchy.

Japanese food is tricky, as much of it (even egg dishes) has added sugar. Far less than Western recipes, to be sure. Still there are some great options.

My current favorite is grilled eel over cucumber, or just diced firm tofu with some ponzu sauce and shredded daikon over it. High protein, low carb, low calorie, "Japanese tasting" and very bariatric friendly. Also refreshing in summer!

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Most Active
Recent Topics