seems like a dream

dmcs85
on 5/11/17 7:30 pm

I so long to be one of the before and afters. As long as I can remember I always felt i had a healthy woman inside of me. But I would let food win and I would binge and eat crap food then feel like crap (exhausted, yucky, fatigued, worn down, nauseous ) I long for the day I use food for fuel and not comfort. You all are so inspiring and I'm praying I get approved for surgery and get to be an after and get to feel and see the healthy me that has always been hiding. I just hope this all becomes a reality. For some reason I fear I will be stuck in this hell with addiction to food forever.

(deactivated member)
on 5/11/17 8:57 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Good luck on your approval. I know insurance can make things difficult, so I hope for the best for you. It is a big step in the right direction.

GoneGirl801
on 5/11/17 8:59 pm
VSG on 04/25/17

I'm crossing my fingers for you! Just remember that surgery is just a tool to help with your addiction, the rest of it is all in your head. Good luck on your journey, and yes, waiting for insurance approval is part of the journey!

Gwen M.
on 5/12/17 4:21 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Please work to find a therapist to work with as well. The surgery will change your stomach, but it won't change your brain - a therapist can help with the second part of the equation.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/12/17 8:41 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Surgery will NOT cure you of a food addiction.

You can still eat crap food after WLS, and you can still binge.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Kristi T.
on 5/12/17 10:40 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Use this time while your waiting for approval to start changing some behaviors. Like GoneGirl, Julie and Gwen posted, find a good therapist that you feel comfortable with and work on the mental part now. Start logging every bite you eat in a food journal like MyFitnessPal. If you were given the post op food plan from your surgeon, study it and know it. If you haven't received it yet, research online. Ask a lot of questions, OH is a wonderful resource and everyone is amazingly supportive. Hang in there, you will be a "before and after" before you know it!

dmcs85
on 5/12/17 2:13 pm

thank you all for supportive words. I started seeing a therapist 3 weeks ago to help me with the transition and getting to the core of why I eat for comfort and helping me with other coping techniques instead of food.

sampeck
on 5/12/17 3:55 pm, edited 5/12/17 8:55 am
VSG on 05/22/17

I agree - Don't wait - Start building good habits now. I started tracking everything I ate and doing more exercise the day after my first consult with the surgeon and nutritionist. I have lost 20 pounds and surgery is still 10 days away. I am already feeling better/stronger/healthier and clothing fits looser. And surgery will be safer with less weight. Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics