Insurance and 6 mo supervised diet

still2cute
on 5/10/17 6:10 am - Antioch, TN

Hi. I'm back on this site after my 10 year band slipped and had to be removed. I'm in process of insurance approval for the sleeve. Currently on the 6 month supervised diet and stressing because I've gained weight the 2nd and 3rd office visits. I'm pretty sure for the next 3 I will have lost some. Has anyone been denied by insurance for gaining weight or had to start over? I'm stressed.

Andiemarie30
on 5/10/17 7:34 am
VSG on 03/21/17

I gained a few months during my preop visits, but I lost weight overall. From the first to the last appointment I had lost at least 15 pounds. I even gained a little over the holidays after my appointments but before I got approved. I had no problems, I was approved in like 2 days once it was submitted.

still2cute
on 5/10/17 4:44 pm - Antioch, TN

Thanks

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/10/17 8:34 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Every insurance plan is different. Some require that you lose a certain amount of weight, some require you lose ANY weight, others don't care and just want to see that you fini****

If in doubt, call the customer service number on the back of your card and ask.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

comeundone
on 5/11/17 1:00 am - OH

I had weight gain and was approved (my doctor filled out my form with 3 months of non diet info because I had been there every month for other things and of course had my weight checked) so mine only had 3 months with 2 having any loss approval was quick too

HW 289  SW 242

Most Active
Recent Topics