Depression

Beau2101
on 5/10/17 7:45 am
DS on 03/27/17

Thanks

Manda32
on 5/10/17 9:26 am

I think its normal to have days feeling depressed and down. I'm only 8 weeks post op, the first month for me was difficult. I definitely had days where I felt depressed and unhappy with everything. I've heard the term hormone dumping, that as you lose weight (especially quickly in the first month) that hormones are stored in fat, and your emotions are all over the place.

It will get better, but if you find yourself feeling worse and worse depression wise, please seek help. Suffering with depression is not fun, trust me I know personally.

Hang in there, it will get better!

Orientation April 2016 - Final approvals December 2016. Surgical Class January 23, 2017. Met with Dr. Reed February 7, 2017. Opti start date March 1, 2017. Surgery March 15, 2017 (Dr. Foute-Nelong).

HW 348 SW 316 CW 191

GW 160

AggieMae
on 5/10/17 11:20 am
VSG on 10/25/16

I remember that I had a brief period of "omg what have I done?" depression and anxiety around five weeks post op... it resolved. I continue to go tO counseling monthly and OA weekly.

(deactivated member)
on 5/10/17 4:47 pm

Yes! Hormone dump from hell for me was 2-3 weeks out. I cried at frickin' Hallmark commercials. My surgery was 18 days prior to Christmas and I had feelings of being left out and "alone" during the food festivities. It was hard even though I was lucky to have a partner to whom I could talk with during that time.

I eventually realized how deep my foodie issues are and got myself a good therapist. If you can find an eating disorder therapist, you would be ahead of the game. That is what I sought out and am so happy I did. I didn't have to explain so many things. She already knew. I found that very helpful.

Good luck. What you are experiencing is absolutely normal. It's hard, but so many of us do go through it.

Beau2101
on 5/10/17 4:56 pm
DS on 03/27/17

Thanks

Most Active
Recent Topics