Not a fan of the new family nickname...

robotfish1911
on 5/8/17 6:38 am
VSG on 11/10/16

I am a bit (a lot) of a curmudgeon, so I too find this sort of thing mildly annoying. I don't have any words of encouragement, other than "me too." lol

I will say be proud of your hard work, and keep it up.

M/34/5'10"

HW 293 CW 180

OutsideMatchInside
on 5/8/17 7:35 am
VSG on 07/15/15

My friend calls me skinny. She is just trying to be supportive and to help me accept my new size which I am having trouble with.

HW:370 Weight at First Consult: 365 Surgery 7/15/2015 Weight:358 CW: 187 Previous Clothing Size: 28/30 Current Clothing Size: 8/10

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 5/8/17 8:03 am
RNY on 08/05/19

If this makes you uncomfortable, you have every right to tell people so, and to tell them that they need to stop.

If you want to put the brakes on it fast, you can always reply with an equally unflattering nickname.

"Hey Skinny!"

"Hey Lamppost!"

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

grayC
on 5/8/17 8:06 am
VSG on 05/01/13

I was called this, ALL...THE...TIME

in the beginning, I took it as it was said

as a compliment, although I never ever

thought of myself as it...

this term will fade, as all in your life

will get used to seeing the new you..

dont get snarky, it's hard for people

to adjust, and really, I am quite sure,

they are just trying to find a way

to validate and acknowledge all your work..

KTnj63
on 5/8/17 10:47 am
VSG on 07/07/16

I am having a hard time understanding how many people feel comfortable asking me about my weight loss. I have no problem with my family complimenting me but I do find it odd when the waiter at a restaurant or casual acquaintance comments and directly ask me how much weight did you lose. Yikes. That's kind of personal. I have been shocked by men especially asking. I always thought your weight was private wether you were overweight or thin. It's very strange and I just give the same answer "over 50 pounds". The reality is 90 pounds but that's none of their business. Maybe I'm more sensitive since I have only told a few people about my surgery. I consider it a private matter. I am always thankful for the compliments but it makes me wonder what they were thinking about me prior to the loss.

Most Active
Recent Topics