Vsg friends ?

(deactivated member)
on 5/6/17 3:54 pm
VSG on 05/01/17

I had surgery 5/1/17, I'd like to talk with people who have had surgery around the same time I have that are optimistic but also real. I'd like to go threw this with at least one person and we can go threw our pain together and different food stages and how we're dealing with stuff. Just seems like it'd be nice to have someone going threw similar experiences as me and help each other get threw go be better than we are. I'm willing to chat with anyone thou I like hearing the experiences and the hopefulness thanks

ghammonds
on 5/6/17 4:41 pm
VSG on 05/01/17

Hello,

I also had my surgery on 5/1/17 I agree that it is very helpful to have someone to talk to who is going through the same thing. I have a great support system with my family but they have no idea what this has been like for me. On day 2-3 I cried and had regrets. But as the days passed I became more optimistic. Today I woke up feeling awesome although I wish I could have some real food, I know it will all pay off in the long run. How have your first few days been so far?

(deactivated member)
on 5/6/17 5:00 pm
VSG on 05/01/17

My first few days were really good I did have gas pains but now everything is going smoothly. Today has been really hard I have a sharp stabbing pain under my right incision were my stomach was removed. I twisted getting up earlier and that set if off. I'm almost positive it's my muscle but it is just kicking my butt today. I also tried a full protein drink today (no****ered down) I hated it haha. The taste isn't bad it was just so heavy feeling. I've been trying to stay positive my support system isn't as supportive as I'd hoped they'd be so I've been on my own doing for myself since I got home from surgery. I'd like some substantial food too. I'm way too excited for the pureed stage even thou I know we can't eat a lot I'm ready for some new flavors lol

ghammonds
on 5/6/17 5:47 pm
VSG on 05/01/17

I have the same pain under my largest incision as well. That's the only pain I've had in the last couple days. I've been trying to walk as much as I can because it helps with the healing process. I return to work on Wednesday so I'm actually happy about that so I can be a little more active even though I sit behind a desk all day LOL. I'm so sorry to hear that your support system really isn't supportive that really sucks. Maybe in time they'll come around. I am really looking forward to just having regular foods, it's been so long since I've had a solid. The pre-op diet was torture and now this. I keep seeing commercials about food and they make my mouth water haha!! As long as we stay focused this will all pay off :)

Amyvsg0504
on 5/6/17 5:53 pm
VSG on 05/04/17

You made me laugh.. seriously every other commercial is for food of some type... horrible

(deactivated member)
on 5/6/17 5:56 pm
VSG on 05/01/17

That's how I am too, I've already been planning pureed stage foods. I'm excited to get something tasty in me. I see my surgeon the 11th so hopefully he has some good news for me

Amyvsg0504
on 5/6/17 5:36 pm
VSG on 05/04/17

My surgery was 5/4 (3days post-op). I cried today for the first time. Having a what the heck did I do Day. I got 4 oz of a protein shake in. 8 oz of extremely watered down vitamin water. And 4 oz of no sugar apple cider (warmed up diluted apple juice). I am struggling with gas bubbles when I drink. On pain otherwise which I am super thankful for.

So far my family has been great. My 3 year old is scared to death of me which is breaking my heart.

Cheers to tomorrow ladies!!

ghammonds
on 5/6/17 5:54 pm
VSG on 05/01/17

I'm so sorry to hear that hun, I cried and had that regretful moment a few days ago. I can't imagine how you must feel that your 3 year old is scared of you right now. My 7 year old cried when she saw me cry and in pain, but otherwise she has been extremely helpful and wants to do everything for me. I guess when they're younger they depend on mommy a lot more and don't understand what's going on. How have you been on your liquids? It's so hard for me to get 48-64 ounces a day, so far the most I've been able to get in is 32 ounces which i guess is better than nothing but since I've had the surgery plain water makes me so nauseous which makes me sad because I loved my water :( but I'm sure there's going to be a lot of foods that will taste different to us.

(deactivated member)
on 5/6/17 5:59 pm
VSG on 05/01/17

Walking is really good for the gas pain. If I'm super tired I'll just rock myself back and forth gently and that helps a lot too haha. I've been able to drink propel kiwi strawberry really well and it's super good which I was excited about. The protein drinks are so hard to get down (another reason I'm excited for real food). I hope you start feeling better soon !

Amyvsg0504
on 5/7/17 8:01 am
VSG on 05/04/17

Day 4 post-op and I feel 75% back to normal. How are you feeling?

Most Active
Recent Topics