10 years post op. Go ahead ask!

Anita Wlasitz
on 4/30/17 10:23 pm - Vanderhoof, Canada
VSG on 08/12/08 with

i had my surgery in PV Mexico in August 2007. I have lost and maintained a 100 lb weight loss since then. If you have questions ask away!

HW-250

CW-148

Never the same again!!!

Kathy8429
on 5/1/17 3:34 am

How have you maintained? Tell me a typical day

Anita Wlasitz
on 5/1/17 9:17 am - Vanderhoof, Canada
VSG on 08/12/08 with

I have maintained within 10 lbs up or down. My restriction is still very much there, although i can eat slider and junk food with ease. I still suffer with food addiction and anxiety when I don't have access to food. A typical day is.

two cups of coffee with my vitamins

breakfast is a cliff bar or an egg on toast

lunch is left overs or a small bun with meat and avocado or...

snacks, crackers and cheese and carrots, greek yogurt with protein powder and frozen berries, protein bar, shake,

dinner is what ever the family is eatting

night time is a snack from above

I had a hard time answering this as my food intake is so normal now. I eat when i need to eat and i don't think about it as much. beside trying always to make healthy choices. I have goals that are different now. building muscle and running a half marathon.

HW-250

CW-148

Never the same again!!!

hollykim
on 5/1/17 4:54 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 1, 2017 at 4:17 PM Pacific Time, Anita Wlasitz wrote:

I have maintained within 10 lbs up or down. My restriction is still very much there, although i can eat slider and junk food with ease. I still suffer with food addiction and anxiety when I don't have access to food. A typical day is.

two cups of coffee with my vitamins

breakfast is a cliff bar or an egg on toast

lunch is left overs or a small bun with meat and avocado or...

snacks, crackers and cheese and carrots, greek yogurt with protein powder and frozen berries, protein bar, shake,

dinner is what ever the family is eatting

night time is a snack from above

I had a hard time answering this as my food intake is so normal now. I eat when i need to eat and i don't think about it as much. beside trying always to make healthy choices. I have goals that are different now. building muscle and running a half marathon.

this is a terrible diet for post op was ppl. I would hate to see you give advice to others.

Anita Wlasitz
on 5/1/17 5:23 pm - Vanderhoof, Canada
VSG on 08/12/08 with

Wow. That really was uncalled for. She asked for a typical day. I gave it to her. My day! Not a recommendation. I'm a seasoned internet user but that comment hurt!

HW-250

CW-148

Never the same again!!!

Bill66
on 5/8/17 12:05 pm

At times some speak before they think moreover you are the one who has jumped the hurdles so Ill listen to you first

Gwen M.
on 5/1/17 4:47 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Why did you leave OH for five years? What inspired you to come back?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Anita Wlasitz
on 5/1/17 9:25 am - Vanderhoof, Canada
VSG on 08/12/08 with

Why did I leave? Life goes on... i don't see my self as a wls patient anymore. I feel normal. What ever that means. I have local people that speak to me about wls and i try to help them as much as possible. I came back because I am in a group of friends that are fitness people and people who are trying to lose weight. a lot of beach body people. I started to feel very aware that because my surgery was not a secret, that my opinions or advice were invalid. because i have it easy! and to be very blunt, I do have it easy! Took the risk and the money to make my journey easier for me. I can eat less and excersize! I don't have to fight an emotional and psychological battle with quantity anymore. Having me say to someone over weight that did not have surgery that they need to eat less and excersize is very close to offensive for them. So I am trying my best to educate my self on how to be a help for 'normal' people and save my self respect!

HW-250

CW-148

Never the same again!!!

Gwen M.
on 5/1/17 4:01 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

I've definitely had the experience where people will ask me for advice to lose weight and then I can see them tune out the moment I mention surgery - as if the diet and exercise suddenly means nothing.

Thankfully, those people are few and far between.

There are a few things going on here - people who would consider your advice invalid or be offended are not actually your friends. A friend wouldn't treat you that way or be so dismissive of your hard work.

For clients, I'm not sure why your WLS would come up in conversation? It might farther down the road as your client/trainer relationship develops, but it's not something that they'd know before they already had decided whether you were a good match as a trainer for them or not. Also, as a trainer, unless you have actual training as a dietician, giving diet advice will be outside the scope of your practice.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Anita Wlasitz
on 5/1/17 5:28 pm - Vanderhoof, Canada
VSG on 08/12/08 with

Thank you! I appreciate your understanding.

HW-250

CW-148

Never the same again!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics