Whatcha eating today? Friday, 4/28/2017

mmsmom
on 4/28/17 5:48 am - Woburn, MA

Oh Gwen, I hope today is better for you. I have to admit I hate my batwings - but most of all I hate my stomach. I try to think that it's better to have empty flabby arms and stomach than filled with fat. I'm expecting a retention bonus at work this summer so i'm trying to convince myself to get a tummy tuck rather than pay down bills. Somehow, it's hard to justify to myself. When you say you've had weight loss surgery you have to OWN it!!! Is it not the best decision you've ever made??? And you don't have to answer to anyone on what's best for you. I hope your heel isn't plantar faciitis - i had it and it lasts 5 months according to everything I've read and lived through. Keep positive!

B: 2/3 sesame bagel, cored, toasted with cheddar

L: idk, working at home so maybe leftover lemon chicken

D: i already don't feel like cooking haha. Maybe breakfast for dinner -since that sounds good and is easy

E: Walk, walk, walk - i get less steps on work at home days since i'm not walking from the car to the building etc.

L/V: sipping on an iced coffee as I write. Yummmmmm love DD here in the northeast

VSG on 04/28/2014

Gwen M.
on 4/28/17 5:56 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I am definitely looking forward to having my arms done, but I'm also totally happy to wear short sleeves and sleeveless tops when the weather is appropriate. Probably because I go through life thinking that no one notices what I look like because they're all too wrapped up in their own selves! Then I run into an observant person who actually does pay attention to the world around them and BAM, self confidence nosedive. Definitely better to have flappy arms than those 160 pounds back, for sure though. :D My excess skin mainly bothers me because it interferes with movement. I have to wear compression gear from elbow to knee when I run or the jouncing of the skin causes pain/discomfort :(

I'm pretty sure my heel isn't plantar fasciitis! For me that's always at the arch and this is at the back. I must have tweaked something yesterday, just not sure how. I'll be wearing squishy shoes today to pamper it since I have a lot of standing tomorrow. And I'll rub some biofreeze or something into it.

Oh, and I totally understand that it's hard to justify the cost of plastics. I look at the price tag for mine and think, "ugh, we could renovate both our bathrooms AND kitchen for this. And then work on getting the house sold and moving, which would improve everyone's quality of life." Instead I'm spending this money on MY BODY which seems really selfish. But, as a wise woman on OH said - there will always be bathrooms and kitchens to renovate.

And yes - breakfast for dinner is easy. And delicious!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Cathy H.
on 4/28/17 3:51 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

Aww, Gwen, I hope your day got better! I started developing heel spurs about 30 years ago, and it was right in the middle of my heel. The doctor told me I had plantar fasciitis there as well, and I started wearing those heel pads with the hole cut out. I wore them consistently for about 6 months and everything was fine after that. I hope it's just a strain or something and nothing worse!

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

Jules78
on 4/28/17 6:29 am - GA
VSG on 05/01/14

First of all (((HUGS))) so sorry you're having a bad day. They really suck, hopefully it's gets better for you.

B: Ground turkey patty, couple bites of sautéed kale

S: Sliced cucumber

L: Chicken salad and sliced cucumber

S: Yogurt, fruit or String cheese

D: Have a work function tonight so not sure what's on the menu...kind of anxious just thinking about it actually

Gwen M.
on 4/28/17 4:54 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Thank you! Today was MUCH better.

I hope your work function ended up having good options for you.

Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

bursonc
on 4/28/17 8:48 am

Congrats on the honor award.

Congrats on your hard work and perseverance.

Do not let anyone or anything take away what you have accomplished and continue to work. Yes, you continue to work. You will work your choice forever if you want to maintain your weight. Trust me. I didn't and now have had to restart the process.

You hold your head up high and don't forget you have goals and dreams and you made a decision to do something about it. Just think about how hard your day would be if you hadn't have had surgery. Stay positive and get your day done with pride and joy.

Gwen M.
on 4/28/17 4:55 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Thank you very much!

Kristi T.
on 4/28/17 11:04 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Gwen, congratulations on your award, that's wonderful! I hope your day improves and you can get a handle on your pain, both back and foot. Hopefully your weekend will be much better.

I've been gone from the site for a few days. I had a Venous Ablation Wednesday on my right leg. Because of such horrible varicose veins the pain in my right leg had become unbearable. Plus my ankle was turning purple. Anyway, I had the dressings changed yesterday and I couldn't believe what I saw. A NORMAL looking leg! It didn't even look like it belonged to me. The weight loss plus having the huge veins gone, amazing. The left leg still has the varicose veins but it does not hurt and the circulation is still intact. I am not one to wear shorts and I only wear a swimsuit when at the pool or by the lake. Not sure if I have the courage to go through the procedure anytime soon on the left leg. I am babbling, sorry......

B-4oz Noosa w/protein granola

L-Vanilla Premiere shake

S-Chorizo lime sausage stick and string cheese

D-Not sure, haven't been able to go to the store

W&V-on track

E-not allowed to resume normal activities until tomorrow

I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday and a good start to the weekend!

Gwen M.
on 4/28/17 4:57 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm so glad the ablation went well!

Nura777
on 4/28/17 11:53 am

Gwen, hopefully it's a better day for you.

Things have been generally looking up for me, I am back to listening to my favorites podcasts, music and public radio shows. In the worst of my anxiety and depression post op, I couldn't bear doing any of these things and only could handle CNN, now that probably made it worse lol.

It's getting so much easier to eat out, and thats helping lessen my anxiety and seeing my friends is amazing too.

A total win, no longer get those chest clenching "I am in throes of death" panic attacks, so that means good bye to Ativan. My pcp refuses to renew my prescription anyway.

B one egg and a bit of beans.

L chicken grilled and cooked broccoli

D dunno

S cold brew coffee, diluted with cold water.

Water, almost there. Vit done.

Excercise, walking. I need to join a gym

Most Active
Recent Topics