Pantry supplies for after surgery

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 4/27/17 6:37 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Others have given great suggestions. I'd def check at GNC, vitamin shoppe etc for some samples of protein powders before buying tubs... I bought a bunch and I didnt use most of it :\ Same with unflavored. I used a good amount in broths at the beginning to get in protein (just stirred into warm chicken/beef broth) but now I have a huge tub that I never use lol

Just dont go crazy I guess :)

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

bursonc
on 4/27/17 11:22 am

Please do not worry about stocking up. You will not want it or be able to eat it.

Chicken broth - yes

SF fruit flavored jello cups - yes

SF popsicles (cherry, grape, orange) - yes

Mio (SF flavoring for water) - I squirted on crushed ice in a small cup. Flavored ice was my primary food for the first few days. Don't use a big cup - you will just waste it.

Please do not worry about getting your protein in at the beginning. It is impossible.

Just eat ice by the spoon - tiny amounts at a time. Sip chicken broth. Eat jello (not pudding until day 15)

That's about it at the beginning.

Hope this helps you.

bursonc
on 4/27/17 11:29 am

After week 2:

I used Unjury protein powder - ordered online.

I used PB2 - powedered peanut butter

I used sugar free flavorings - http://shop.torani.com/Sugar-Free-Coffee-Syrup/p/TOR-371605& c=Torani@SugarFreeSyrups#sm.0001848fsii50dlc10htfjll6xdpk to add to my protein shakes to make them taste better. Also would put a tbs of sf jello pudding powder in my protein shakes.

Used magic bullet, ice cubes, and skim milk to make my protein shakes w/ items listed above. Double the amount of protein powder - you won't finish the shake most likely, but this will help you get more protein in before you hit your stopping spot.

bursonc
on 4/27/17 11:38 am

After week 2:

I used Unjury protein powder - ordered online.

I used PB2 - powedered peanut butter

I used sugar free flavorings - http://shop.torani.com/Sugar-Free-Coffee-Syrup/p/TOR-371605& c=Torani@SugarFreeSyrups#sm.0001848fsii50dlc10htfjll6xdpk to add to my protein shakes to make them taste better. Also would put a tbs of sf jello pudding powder in my protein shakes.

Used magic bullet, ice cubes, and skim milk to make my protein shakes w/ items listed above. Double the amount of protein powder - you won't finish the shake most likely, but this will help you get more protein in before you hit your stopping spot.

dh101
on 4/27/17 11:38 am
VSG on 06/29/17

My program also wants me to have applesauce. A reason to eat the applesauce is for the pectin which is natural to apples. Pectin has a number of benefits including promoting stable glucose levels. Pectin is a form of soluble fiber which will help all the protein move through your system.

So you don't want to eat a gallon of applesauce at serving, and I would be looking for NO SUGAR added. None of any form. My plan is to buy apples, peel, core, and cut them up. Then add water and if REALLY needed add a little stevia or spenda. But I plan to check with my NUT before making any, in case there might be a problem with stevia or splenda.

Good Luck!

It is better to travel and get lost...

Than never to travel at all.

bursonc
on 4/27/17 3:37 pm

Don't forget to take GasX strips with you to hospital and have at home when you are recovering - that dissolve in mouth. Helps with the gas pain that settles in chest / shoulder after surgery.

Gwen M.
on 4/27/17 7:11 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Actually, that gas isn't in your GI tract so Gas-X won't do anything for it. Walking will help it to dissipate, though!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Knitter215
on 4/28/17 6:01 pm
VSG on 08/23/16

For a change of pace, sugar free fudgesicles. They are really good. Make sure you have your vitamins home, too. I prefer ricotta cheese to cottage cheese, but that's a chocolate and vanilla thing. For yogurt, I like the Oikos Triple Zero - 15 grams of protein in one cup which is about 120 calories. It's a protein bomb.

Keep on losing!

Diana

HW 271.5 (April 2016) SW 246.9 (8/23/16) CW 158 (5/2/18)

diane S.
on 5/1/17 11:37 am

I didn't see decaf herb tea on your list. Some people find it easier to drink warm fluids rather than plain water. Also, don't overstock as it won't be that long before you can go get stuff. Skim milk maybe too. Plus if you have a family, get stuff for them so they won't whine at you to cook if they are not inclined. gl Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active
Recent Topics