Anita
on 4/21/17 12:29 pm

I don't know if my doctor takes Medicaid, but you might try North Jersey Laparoscopic in Teaneck, NJ. Dr. Viamakis did my surgery and I really like her, but the other doctors in the practice are also excellent. Staff is very good and they are very caring. Phone number is 201-530-1900

Good luck....I hope you are able to work things out!

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

(deactivated member)
on 4/21/17 5:01 pm

UPDATE: I found a surgeon ! It's In Morristown and I have an appointment next week (: I don't even need to go to a seminar .

(deactivated member)
on 4/21/17 6:32 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

That's great and I am so happy for you! It will be a great change in your life. Also regarding loose skin, that will all depend on how much you weigh really. I'm 485, well was, I'm not anymore my weight today was 383. I know I will have lots of loose skin, but I can try and minimize it a but by doing some strength training.

(deactivated member)
on 4/21/17 7:09 pm

I weigh 220 and I'm 5"4. I've tried everything to lose weight and spending so much money on personal training , weight loss programs , weigh****chers etc . Nothing worked . My mom was in the same boat as me at my age and she ended up being 400 pounds by age 30 and having gastric bypass .. she wishes she had done it sooner . I feel like it's inevitable for me especially since I tried to the best of my ability and obesity runs in my family. 90% of my family is morbidly obese and it's really upsetting .

hdetmar123
on 4/26/17 10:13 am

Hi I have the same insurance as you can you give me the doctors information please so I can contact them, I am having the same problem you did!

NewSleeve
on 4/25/17 5:59 pm
VSG on 03/16/17

Hi Amandab213,

I too had trouble finding a bariatric surgeon who accepted Medicaid in NJ. I was finally able to locate one in Essex County in West Orange. His name is Dr. Prakash Paragi and he performed my sleeve last month. I did change my carrier from United Healthcare Community Plan to Horizon NJ Health though since they required only 3 months of nutritionist visits as opposed to 6 months. One word of caution regarding this doctor's office: Make sure you stay on top of your paperwork; I endured many delays (and postponed surgery dates) due to needless mix-ups. Not sure if it was because I was just a Medicaid patient or not. Either way, do your research and don't give up!

Most Active
Recent Topics