What foods are impossible for you to eat now?

P goode
on 4/22/17 6:24 pm - Arlington, TX
VSG on 05/11/16

Just had a disappointing awful experience with seared ahi tuna. Maybe it was the spices?? Maybe cause it's essentially raw? I was excited to try a new protien source. It did not stay down. If I get ill its usually foamies but this was the real deal. Sorry if tmi, but have y'all ever tried ahi? Also chicken breast is a no go now for me.

Done! Your Ticker:

"Long ago in a galaxy far away"- WT-325. Lap band WT-287. Sleeve WT- 220, SW- 215, CW-144

CC C.
on 4/22/17 8:18 pm

I eat raw fish a lot (ahi and salmon sashimi, ahi poke bowls...) and I haven't had a problem, but then I haven't had a bad reaction to any foods. I'm sorry you got sick!

purduebaby12
on 4/23/17 11:59 am

OMG THANKD GOODNESS.... I hope this will be my experience because I LOVE LOVE like I'd marry it love SUSHI

CC C.
on 4/23/17 3:06 pm

I love it too! Some people don't handle the rice well, but I haven't had problems. Though I try to eat very little of it because it takes stomach room away from the protein.

(deactivated member)
on 4/23/17 10:10 am
VSG on 01/12/17

I have a hard time eating chicken that isn't pre-shredded. I also have trouble with ground beef, which is one of the higher recommended meats from my surgeon. And ground turkey? Absolutely not. I don't even want to think about it. It's funny how irritable our stomachs can be.

Neesie57
on 4/23/17 11:10 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

I eat seared ahi all the time and have never had a problem. It would suck if I had to stop eating it!

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

diane S.
on 4/25/17 11:34 am

I suggest poaching a chicken breast, grinding it up in the food processor, and then adding a spoon or two of it to warm chicken broth. It goes down easier than chewed chicken chunks. A sort of comfort food. Diane s

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

(deactivated member)
on 4/25/17 5:16 pm
VSG on 03/28/17

I'm on week 4 post-op and have tried beef, chicken, cooked fish, raw fish, turkey, and eggs. So far I haven't had any problems with any foods and I really hope it stays that way!

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/17 2:04 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Congratulations on your surgery! I have yet to eat anything that has made me get really sick, but sadly some foods right now just don't sit well. I have been wanting to try sushi, I think I may. What do you usually get? (You saw raw fish, so I just assumed)

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/17 5:09 pm
VSG on 03/28/17

Poke and sashimi are wonderful. I've only tried those post-op so far because I'm staying very low carb until maintenance.

Most Active
Recent Topics