Help!! Newbie here

Anna_vsg
on 4/15/17 4:11 pm

Hello, I am 5 days post op vsg. I'm doing pretty good, no nausea, getting in all my fluids and protien that I am supposed to. I have been getting out for a short walk everyday. I can't tell when I am hungry or when I am full. My problem is that I want to eat all the time. Not sure if I am having head hunger or my body thinks I am starving. I don't know. Maybe things will be different when I can eat actual food. Any advice welcome, please. Thank you

CC C.
on 4/15/17 5:28 pm

I'm 6.5 weeks out and I haven't felt real hunger yet. Wanting to eat? Sure, I've felt that a lot. I like the idea of eating (surgery didn't remove that!). Like you allude to, physical hunger and head hunger are different things. I would guess your wanting to eat all the time is more because you miss it and solid foods and think you should be eating rather than being actually hungry?

As for feeling full, if you're still on all liquids, you won't get a sense of fullness until you get to foods. And even then, it's not what you're used to pre-surgery as your nerves are still mending. For me, it's just a sense of "that's enough" and if I kept going I'd cross into discomfort or the feeling of food backing up into my esophagus.

Most Active
Recent Topics