Best decision I have ever made.....Pureed food next week...WHOOHOO!!!!

KingstonBoy
on 4/15/17 5:40 am
VSG on 04/03/17

Good morning all of my VSG friends!!! I had my surgery on April 3rd and so far I feel amazing. It has been the best decision of my life so far. I am down 24lbs

I haven't had any issue's. Of course the biggest change is how slow you eat - but that's totally worth it. I start the next phase of my Puree foods on Monday and I can't wait!! Found some amazing recipes and looking forward to some variety. Bought myself a Ninja Bullet - so I plan to be a Puree-ing fool next week...lol.

For those of you that are on the fence about getting the surgery done - I totally understand. I went thru all those same emotions. But, if your like me nothing...I mean nothing has worked in my efforts of trying to lose weight and keep it off. Surgery of course is always a scary thing - but this surgery really isn't that bad. It's amazing how fast you are back at normal life as long as you are diligent and you follow the diet and your doctors instructions. Sip, Sip, Sip, Walk, Walk, Walk ;O) great mantra!!!

Hope all my VSG friends have an amazing weekend and a wonderful Easter!!!

Sending much love!!

Shana

Mary Gee
on 4/15/17 8:48 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Congratulations and Best Wishes Shana! Sounds like you are doing great. I agree, WLS was one of the best decisions of my life.

You say you have recipes for the pureed stage, but just in case you missed this one --- theworldaccordingtoeggface.com has great recipes for the pureed stage. Her Ricotta Bake is delicious.

Looking forward to seeing more posts from you.

Mary

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

KingstonBoy
on 4/15/17 9:54 am
VSG on 04/03/17

Hi Mary - thank you SO much!!!!

I am definitely going to check out the recipes via that link - I really appreciate it the FYI.

Have a great day!!!

Shana

cc583
on 4/15/17 2:30 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Congrats on your surgery and weight loss! As Mary said eggface's website is great! The ricotta bake is frikin awesome and there are so many different ways to make it!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

KingstonBoy
on 4/16/17 5:30 am
VSG on 04/03/17

Thank you SO much!!!

Sabrina J.
on 4/16/17 1:02 am
VSG on 04/10/17

Congrats and I agree with you - I am so glad I did it and it has been a very smooth ride! I had VSG on the 10th, a week after you. Interesting that you are starting pureed foods now, I started this evening (was afraid to earlier today). I had 2 ounces of pureed turkey burger veggie soup. I sipped each ounce very slowly and put about 30 minutes in between them, I have had no problems. I double checked my paper work and it says Day 5 post op to start pureed foods. Your post makes me a little nervous that you were on liquids for so much longer. Hmmm...maybe someone experienced will chime in. I also agree that this has been a fabulous forum full of great advice! Congrats!!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/16/17 4:26 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Each WLS group is different. I was on puréed food immediately (with strict measuring guidelines), but advanced to solids VERY slowly (about 8 weeks). Some people are advanced to solids much more quickly. Just follow your surgeons guidelines and you will do well.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Sabrina J.
on 4/16/17 12:17 pm
VSG on 04/10/17

Thank you - it brings me comfort that you were on pureed right away. I absolutely made sure the soup was thin and I never drink more than 1 ounce at a time. I always give a minimum of 15 minutes between. Congrats on your weight loss!

KingstonBoy
on 4/16/17 5:35 am
VSG on 04/03/17

Thank you so much!!! ....and congrats to you too my friend!!!

My surgeon is pretty strict with the rules to follow. She has you do two weeks full liquid diet two weeks before and after surgery to ensure that the stomach is fully healed. Trust me....if I could have done pureed sooner I sure would have...lol. But, just trying to follow her advice by the book.

(deactivated member)
on 4/16/17 4:23 am
VSG on 12/28/16

So happy for you! Congrats! I'm glad to hear it's been easy for you too. Just follow your plan and you'll do great. - Cher

Most Active
Recent Topics