Re-sleeve I got approved!!!!

janinemarie
on 4/10/17 6:01 am

South Jersey is so beautiful. I went to two different doctors. The doctor I go to now is closer, so that also makes a difference for me for not missing any appointments.

claricey
on 11/28/17 12:00 pm

I live in the Medford area too and am considering being re-sleeved. Did you have the surgery anewstart??? I am in the middle of the required nutrional counseling 6 months so the earliest I could do this is March timeframe although I'd love to get it done in February. Would love to hear more about your journey.

anewstart123
on 11/28/17 12:36 pm

Hello...

i was scheduled for June 1rst for my revision and I backed out 12 days before hand. I just was too scared . I lost 75 lbs total with first surgery and am still 80 lbs overweight at least but I was so anxious about a second surgery . I have been in touch with someone who had revision and they did fine though. Do u mind me asking who's your surgeon? I was going to use Dr. Wasser who I think is the best , I trust him if I decide to ever go through with it.

claricey
on 2/27/18 11:30 am

I can't believe I never saw your response. I apologize for the incredibly long delay in responding! My surgeon is Dr. Neff in Cherry Hill. He is a rock star and I trust him implicitly. I'm still going through many of the preop required testing from other doctors. Things slowed down around the holidays but I have most of my requirements completed. I hope to meet with the doc next month to review everything and make the decision on whether to move ahead with the re-sleeve or continue with nutrition counseling as I have been. They dieticians/nutritionists at his practice are top notch and have helped me so much. I've lost about 30 pounds on my own since Thanksgiving using their guidance and support.

Would love you hear how you are doing!

anewstart123
on 4/16/17 7:05 am

Hello again Janine,

i am wondering do you know how your new sleeve was constructed, like was it called a plication where they fold in the stomach then staple it ? I'm getting very nervous as I haven't found many people with this done. I don't see my dr until may 1rst to I suppose go over it and I have a list of questions for him . How much could you eat with your first sleeve? I know you mentioned that now you eat 2 oz.

janinemarie
on 4/21/17 5:09 am

Hello, my doctor doesn't even offer plication as an option. He just redid my stomach and told me it was like new. I find I eat way less with the revision than the first surgery. I think mostly because I do follow my doctors plan and keep carbs under 20. With both surgery I never lost my hunger, I'm just less hungry. I never thought of that as a big deal.

claricey
on 2/27/18 11:33 am

Hi Janinemarie!

I too am looking at potentially re-sleeving. I was wondering if you have had any nutritional issues with only getting in 2 ounces of food at a time? Such things as hair loss or brittle nails or any other issues???

With my last surgery I had significant hair loss and I am so nervous about that happening that it could impact my decision!

Thanks for your insight!

nicnac215
on 11/1/17 1:34 pm - San Diego , CA

Anewstart123, just stumbled across your post, as I am considering this option. Did you have your surgery? How has been since May? Updates? I hope everything went well for you.

Most Active
Recent Topics