Re-sleeve I got approved!!!!

anewstart123
on 4/4/17 9:17 am

Hi to everyone,

i just got approved to be re-sleeved as I was sleeved 2 years ago and only lost 50 lbs I am still 100 lbs over weight. I excersise and eat healthy but my dr said the previous surgeon did my sleeve quite big. So is there anyone who's been resleeved before and had success with no complications . Please share with me your experience if you've had this done . Thank you

Grim_Traveller
on 4/4/17 11:34 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Congratulations on the approval, and best of luck.

Please though, do try to get rid of the notion that you eat healthy. If you are still 100 pounds overweight, you aren't. In addition to the new surgery, you will have to find a way to control your eating, and your desire to eat.

It is possible to gain weight even if you have the tiniest stomach in the world.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 4/4/17 5:08 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

^^^ What Grim said.

The sleeve only restricts food for a limited period of time in a day. You can eat around it by grazing or eating a carb heavy diet.

A good approach is to weigh and track everything you eat to get a realistic idea of how many calories you're consuming daily. I bet you'll be surprised.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

janinemarie
on 4/9/17 2:45 pm

Hi, I was also re-sleeved 15 months ago. Basically for the same reason as you. I lost about 80 pounds then gained back 30 when I had my first sleeve surgery in 2010. This time I've lost 80 pounds and I'm 5 pounds from my goal. My doctor said my sleeve was too big the first time and really trimmed it down a lot. The other big changes- I go every month to the doctors to meet with the nutritionist. I track every thing I eat and most days of the week I'm under 20 carbs. I realized I didn't want to blow this second and final chance. Good luck, stick with the doctors plan and you will do great.

anewstart123
on 4/9/17 3:15 pm

Hi Janine Marie...

thank you so very much for your response , I needed to hear something positive about getting resleeved as I'm pretty scared that something might go wrong , I hope you don't mind if I ask you some questions , so far I've never met anyone who's been resleeved , where are you from? Who was your dr? Was the resleeve done laparascopic or open? Did you have any complications? Are you happy you did it again? Do you know the size booghie that was used on both your sleeves.? Thanks in advance .

janinemarie
on 4/9/17 5:02 pm

I understand, i felt the same way. I'm from New York, Dr Rivera, he was amazing. It was labarascopic and I went home the next day. I had no issues at all. My doctor said it was like new sleeve. I don't know the size but I cannot eat more than 2 oz at a time. I am so happy I did the surgery again. When is your surgery? Feel free to contact me anytime.

anewstart123
on 4/9/17 5:19 pm

My surgery will be May 30th with Dr Wasser Im in NJ , I'm so happy you did good , that's fantastic! Thank you , I will be thrilled if I am limited to 2 oz , that's how I thought the originally bag was supposed to be . I was 295/300 I'm down to 240/245 my goal is 145/150 I'm 5 ft 4 inches and prediabetic with sleep apnea , I just want to be healthy and feel better . Hope we can stay in touch . Love to hear your progress.

anewstart123
on 4/9/17 5:34 pm

I meant to say original vsg was supposed to be

janinemarie
on 4/10/17 4:24 am

Where in Jersey are you? I live 5 minutes from Ramsey. You will feel better and I'm sure you will do great. I'll look forward to hearing you great progress

anewstart123
on 4/10/17 5:03 am

I'm in Medford area , south jersey , near rt 206 . I lived up north when I went to high school in Parsippany . I thought of another question , did you have the same surgeon for both surgerys ? Or did a different surgeon do your 2nd one?

Most Active
Recent Topics