Day 5 and getting everything in...

Readyjwc
on 4/3/17 2:27 pm, edited 4/3/17 7:30 am
VSG on 01/05/17

Hi BlueDoor:

I used to compare myself to others on this site (I'm a little over 2 months out****il I finally forced myself to stop doing it. We're all different. You're doing fine.

Just keep up the great work! You've got this!

-Jan

Height 5'4 Starting weight: 225 Surgery weight: 216 Goal Weight: 135 Surgery date: 1/23/17 Portsmouth, NH

The little engine that could.....

sharonak
on 4/4/17 1:48 pm
VSG on 03/28/17

I had my vsg on March 28 and did fine getting all my clear liquids; it just took forever to do it. The dietician had me "eating" 2 oz. at a sitting with a coffee spoon. Like you I had hiatal hernia repaird and feared the same thing. I am on day 4 of creamy/protein liquids and had my first bout of real gas. I think my smoothie had too much air. So I am considering myself lucky.

Most post-surgery pain has been on yesterday's long plane ride home from Guadalajara. Needed a wheelchair, but not totally convinced you are given more careful attention than you would give yourself.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 4/4/17 5:30 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I did not have problems getting in my fluids or protein immediately after surgery. I followed the advice of my doctor and the vets on OH, and it made a difference. People tend to post when they have problems here rather than when they are successful and compliant.

As in life, some people are more dedicated than others. Some people can tolerate pain; others cannot.

It sounds to me like you're doing great

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Most Active
Recent Topics