Post op emotional rollercoaster

Crem_de_la_crem
on 4/3/17 5:07 pm
VSG on 03/21/17

I was not trying to throw jabs. But if that's how u and other people saw it then idk what to say again I was genuinely congratulating her because she's 40 pounds away from her goal and came a very long way and is so close. I guess people are so ready to jump to her aid that u didn't even think for a second I really ment what I said instead of thinking I was trying to be shady smh u guys seem like some real bullies.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 4/3/17 6:45 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

I am sorry that you feel that way, but considering that several of us have taken your post that way, including the poster to whom your comment was directed to, I would say the common denominator would be your communication rather than all of us being "bullies."

Good luck with that.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Crem_de_la_crem
on 4/3/17 6:52 pm
VSG on 03/21/17

Honestly it's just one big misunderstanding I have said several times I didn't mean it that way. Never ment to offend anyone but there are bullies on here who are intentionally trying to be sarcastic. Idk why im coming off so offensive even when I'm trying to correct it it's still coming off offensive. Idk what else to say.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 4/3/17 3:33 pm

Boy, that hormone dumping is a ***** isn't it? It makes a normally rational person talk out of the other side of his or her face, huh? Fortunately it passes and sanity returns---usually.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Gina 22 years out
on 4/3/17 4:26 pm - Burleson, TX

I am going to presume there hasn't been enough progress to release hormones yet

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Crem_de_la_crem
on 4/3/17 5:08 pm
VSG on 03/21/17

Wow people can be so mean smh I'm sorry u feel that way

Gina 22 years out
on 4/4/17 7:04 am - Burleson, TX

Crem--if you saw an alcoholic, you cared about, walking into a bar, would you try to intervene?

If you saw a suicidal person, with a gun, would you intervene?

It's what we people, with experience, do here. We are not paid employees. We are plain old people, most of whom are living the post op life of some type WLS, who care enough about our fellow peeps, to not want them to go down the wrong roads. So, we spend time here, paying it forward. For me, I have continuously been on OH for over 15 years, and I am sure not the only one. We genuinely care.

Support comes in many forms. Patting someone on the hand, as they confess to eating tacos, on the way home from hospital, is not positive support. Being a good listener is wonderful, but to be able to lead someone to a more productive outcome can be even better. You won't find very many long term hand patters here. You will need to grow a thicker skin, and read between the lines, to grasp the HELP that people are honestly trying to give.

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Crem_de_la_crem
on 4/4/17 8:04 am
VSG on 03/21/17

I agree with you 100% because i would intervene in both situations you described. I am happy for the advice and support I just seen it to be a bit too raw and i wasn't expecting that. the original comment of the woman who suggested therapy i do believe her intentions were good. I didn't mean for my response to come off back so offensive. But then when everyone started adding their two cents it was like wait a minute. Everyone takes information differently I am learning how to receive even that tough love support. Yes mam its going to take time but im learning how to build that thicker skin. I just want the vets to also be understanding and remember where they started from as well. But truly thank you for your help and advice I am definitely taking every thing you just said into consideration. I believe I needed to hear that. No more pizza for me lol i have been on my strict liquid diet just kefir sugar free pops and broths and I feel great finally reached my 10,000 steps yesterday so believe me I am listening to you guys and trying.

Cathy H.
on 4/2/17 12:44 am, edited 4/1/17 5:52 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

First--are you taking something like Prilosec OTC or anything for gas? If not, you might need to get something. I'm on Prilosec OTC for the first 6 months post-surgery. I also used GasX tabs for the first few weeks after surgery because the protein supplements also gave me gas.

Next--if you're only 2 weeks out from surgery, you should be on soft foods, not anything you need to "chew." It's too soon for that. You are in healing mode for the first 8 weeks or so. You have to slowly get back to eating chewable foods. It isn't forever, but it's not good for you to eat things too soon. Hopefully, your team provided you with a plan to follow over the healing period. Follow it exactly, weigh/measure and track every single bite. At this period you should really only be able to eat about 1/4 cup of soft food.

Remember, you didn't become obese overnight, you're not going to lose it overnight either. This is a marathon, not a sprint...try to relax and realize that you made this choice for a reason.

Not chewing was really hard for me as well. I had a 2-week pre-op liquid diet, the first week post-op was liquids, and then 3 weeks of soft foods like yogurt, mashed potato, cottage cheese, scrambled eggs, and pureed soups. I was finally able to eat tuna, deli ham or turkey, ground turkey or ground beef at the 5th week after surgery. If I can go 6 weeks without "chewable" food, you can too!

Remember to drink, drink, drink as well. You must get enough fluid. Don't obsess about weighing yourself often, just follow your plan and you will find the weight will fall away.

You will hit stalls as well, we all do, you just need to hang in there. Hopefully you will soon be like so many of us, wondering why you waited so long to have the surgery! Good luck, and hang in there!

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

Memug46
on 4/2/17 4:12 pm
VSG on 03/21/17

Thank you for the words of encouragement, it has been a real help hearing also have these issues. I have an amazing Dr. And medical team hereal where I live. They are very supportive and I go back for my 2 week appt on Wednesday. I will finally have soft foods . They allow you to have moist meats such as tuna , chicken etc.. no potatoes whatsoever. But I am excited for anything more than full liquids. They do have me on something similar to protonix. And the gas x has really helped. Thanks again!

Most Active
Recent Topics