Post op emotional rollercoaster

Memug46
on 4/7/17 3:34 pm
VSG on 03/21/17

I was at a standstill on weight loss so I am hoping that I can get out of the Rut. I never cared for tuna but those tuna creations are good. I have that for lunch and a Greek yogurt with a scoop of protein powder. A few hours later and some sort of protein for breakfast. I feel much happier being able to get my protein from food and not liquids. It's great that you keep dropping. I pray for that still have one more week before I can go to the gym. Glad it's the weekend and I am off!!

ll05fletcher
on 4/5/17 2:27 am

Hey! I'm actually looking at having the gastric sleeve in Mexico and researching doctors.. who did your surgery and what was the cost?(if you don't mind me asking)

So far, I'm looking at going with Dr Wilhelmy at Mexicali Bariatric Center or Dr. Cabrera in Tijuana..

Crem_de_la_crem
on 4/5/17 9:55 pm
VSG on 03/21/17

Hello how are you? Of course I don't mind. I'll answer that I got mine done in Tijuana Mexico with doctor Ariel Ortiz at the occ clinic they were really good so far and legit no complications so far and I'm going in to my third week. I paid 6500 for the surgery my medicine I left the clinic with was $187 extra the $6500 includes your hotel your surgery one night stay in the hospital your liquid diet that you will be on after surgery when you get down there if you go buy gas x before hand and when you get there buy pedialyte. Things are cheaper down there than here and if you show them your badge they will let you bring the pedialyte back with you to the us in your carry on.

~Positive Vibes only~

Luna53
on 4/5/17 8:12 pm

Wow, I am really surprised by the amount of people feeling pain :-( . My cousin that is thinking in doing the surgery asked me about the pain and I told her my experience. Discomfort and pretty much pain free . No dumping, no pain when I eat no discomfort , no passing out... nothing just feeling. Enter everyday. I have lost 52 lbs since sept when I had my surgery. Only thing that I feel is nausea when When I drink water so I don't. I drink coconu****er Obrigado . It's natural and nothing add to it.

Crem_de_la_crem
on 4/5/17 9:24 pm
VSG on 03/21/17

Yeah man everyone's experience is totally different I'm just glad I'm not feeling as much pain as I use to I get gas when I try to eat cabbage really bad I ended up throwing up that and Broccoli give you a lot of gas!!!! But honestly tell her the pain is the least thing that she should worry about if she's following her plan there are so many things to help with the gas and once you find your groove and what works for you it gets better I stay on YouTube watching other people's experiences so I can take notes

Erin T.
on 4/2/17 4:58 pm
VSG on 01/17/17

You need to see a therapist to talk about your food issues. Eating pizza less than 2 weeks out from surgery could seriously damage your sleeve. Ouch!

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Crem_de_la_crem
on 4/3/17 1:33 pm
VSG on 03/21/17

let me ask you a question are you honestly telling me you didnt have any set backs while going through your journey???? HONESTLY??? things happen it was a one time thing that i learned from. it helped because it made me want to run right back to my diet and put me back on track. You might just be trying to help and I appreciate it but it came off real judgy and less supportive

Erin T.
on 4/3/17 3:38 pm
VSG on 01/17/17

Honestly? No. I haven't had that kind of set back. I am a rule follower to a "T" and the idea of being sick because of something I ate or putting on weight early in the process is terrifying to me. We have all gone to hell and back to prep ourselves for this surgery!

I read a post from one of the vets recently that said something to the effect of "you will never have more will power than you have in those first couple months after surgery". Therefore you need to get your eating in line now to be successful at one year or two years (or five or six or seven).

I'm not trying to judge, I'm trying to say you should run, not walk for help so that you can be as successful as possible! This board is full of folks who have had regain, and it's so much easier to just not do that in the first place!

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Crem_de_la_crem
on 4/3/17 4:50 pm
VSG on 03/21/17

Well I respect the advice and I do think it's true about these first months being the hardest but I do believe not every one is as strong willed as others. I commend u with being so strong and focused. Hopefully we can get to where you are soon mentally and physically. It's terrifying to me as well hence why it's called a disorder sometimes we can't control ourselves. But yeah talking to some one helps so will deff take that in to consideration

Nikke2003
on 4/3/17 7:16 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

And, I definitely think that was her point. Not everybody has the same willpower and mindset. So, her suggestion to run, and not walk, to a therapist is a good idea. It's a tough road and some of us need more help than others to control the mental/behavioral aspect of it this process. Getting into therapy was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I recommend it to everyone.

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Most Active
Recent Topics