How Long Was Your Wait for First Consultation in British Columbia

northerncitris
on 3/29/17 9:26 pm - prince george, BC

hello friends, just registered in here today, i was wondering if you could let me know how long you personally had to wait to get your first consulation appointment. i saw my family doctor yesterday, and he was very supportive in my wishes to get gastric sleeve. he said he will call me next week, but in the mean time i was wanted to get some feed back, i phoned some clinics last week, and they said it is a 2 year wait time. i was absolutely devasted. i weigh 357, and have been wanting this surgery since i was 20 (5 years ago), and finally decided to ask, now that i have a toddler, and a married life, i want my life back. i love the outdoors and being active. i eat incredibly healthy, walk 30-60 minutes every day, do 2 power classes, and 1 kick class every week. its simply my apetite, ive tried apetite suppressents, and they give me horrible side effects, ive been feeling hopeless and depressed for a couple of years now. ................................. so to get to the point, i am wanting to know how long you personally had to wait in british columbia for you first appointment, or any suggestions on how to shorten the time. im losing hope, i want to grow my family but i cant wait that long . thank you for reading. looking forward to reading your experience

Readyjwc
on 3/30/17 3:02 pm
VSG on 01/05/17

I live in New Hampshire, but I do wish you well and pray that it's not 2 years of waiting.

Height 5'4 Starting weight: 225 Surgery weight: 216 Goal Weight: 135 Surgery date: 1/23/17 Portsmouth, NH

The little engine that could.....

northerncitris
on 3/30/17 9:21 pm - prince george, BC

Thanks you so much!

saravmf
on 3/30/17 11:14 pm - Canada

I'm in BC too (Vancouver Island), and I seem to remember that it took me within 2 months to get my initial consult. Not sure about Vancouver though, since there might be bigger demand. Good luck on your journey.

HW:334PreopW:304SW:276CW:195 Mth1:24 Mth2:15 Mth3:12 Mth4:10 Mth5:10 Mth6:5 Mth7:10 Mth8:4 Mth9:6 Mth10:7 Mth 11:4

northerncitris
on 3/31/17 1:47 am - prince george, BC

I really appreciate you letting me know, gives me some hope! :)

Heather L.
on 3/31/17 7:16 am - Coquitlam, Canada
VSG on 03/26/15

I had a 16-month wait from referral to orientation to the Richmond Bariatric program (June 2013-Oct 2014, then surgery in Mar 2015). I just recently heard that someone who was called for orientation next week had a 22-month wait. I'd say 2 years is probably bang on, especially if you just got your referral.

I know you're anxious and want to get it done ASAP, but the wait was actually helpful for me. I joined these boards and read everything I could get my hands on. Use this time to get your head on straight and start making the changes which will make your tool work best for you in the long run. I know it's frustrating and you want it to happen NOW, but in hindsight, the wait turned out to be the best thing.

VSG Mar 26, 2015 Dr. Sharadh Sampath -- 5'3" -- 47YO -- HW: 294 - SW: 261 - CW: 192 - GW: 175
Bi-lateral Brachioplasty May 8, 2017 Dr. Owen Reid
Lower Body Lift Oct 2, 2017 Dr. Owen Reid

"Weight is lost in kitchens, health is gained in gyms." - Dr. Yoni Freedhoff

heatherisshrinking.tumblr.com

Most Active
Recent Topics