Pre-op weight loss

destinedtolive
on 3/27/17 9:11 pm

Thanks!

BunnyCakes
on 3/25/17 10:37 pm

I definitely agree with what everyone has said about tracking food and making sure you are counting calories and carbs correctly. One trick I use when I have my carbs is to try to eat brown carbs, they are more filling and are easier on the blood sugar levels, and they tend to keep you full longer. What is a brown carb? Brown rice, Whole wheat/whole grain bread, oats, etc. I also load up on high fiber veggies for the same reason.

Another good tip is to find a method of exercising that works for you. The type of exercise needs to be something that works for your schedule, works for your fitness and mobility level, and something you find fun so you actually want to do it. Personally, I started playing a game on my phone called Pokemon Go which makes you walk around the physical world to catch monsters and earn other prizes. I don't even have to go outside if I don't want to as I can play the game easily inside the mall or at Wal-Mart so I don't get sunburned. (Seriously, I'm very pale and sunburn easily. I'm basically a vampire who doesn't drink blood.) Another thing I do when I just can't walk much is hula hoop. No joke! I started with a kids' hula hoop from the dollar store, I put on music or a TV show and hula to my heart's content. I also got a small arm hoop to work my arms and kill off some arm flab, you can do these on your legs oo but I don't have the coordination yet. I also bust out some exercises I learned while in physical therapy for my back when I feel like it. The main thing is finding something you CAN DO and you WANT TO DO. If it's fun and painless it won't seem like a chore and you'll be less likely to make excuses to not do it.

destinedtolive
on 3/27/17 8:58 pm

Thank you i have started tracking my food and i found out that i was eating protein that carry too many fats and calories. I have since revised my menu and see a the scale going in the right direction

Laura in Texas
on 3/29/17 4:15 am

I am going to assume you have had a while to lose it and now panic is setting in now that you are down to 3 months. If it were me, I would drink 3 protein shakes a day and have one healthy meal at dinner. I would need to take food mostly out of the equation. You can do this. Keep your eye on the prize!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

destinedtolive
on 4/23/17 4:15 pm

No I didnt have alot of time to prep for surgery but yes i was panicking. Im doubg great now on tbe right track and should exceed my goal.

Most Active
Recent Topics