Surgery went pretty good

ohiogal58
on 3/21/17 11:23 am
VSG on 03/13/17

hello all,

typing in lower case cause i'm just too tired right now...

had the deed done last monday 3-13 with dr. siddiqui at miami valley hospital in dayton. they pushed me back 3 weeks from 2020 to 3-13 on count of something up with the hospital not doing their pre admission testing on the day i was scheduled (feb2)..

surgery was at 1:15 pm and i was in my room out of recovery at 3:30.

let me just say pain med rocks.

i drifted in and out for a couple hours then had to pee so got out of bed for that and my wonderful nurse brought me ice. ice did fine, sips of water from melted ice was fine.

got out of bed to walk at about 10pm and told my nurse i would really love some warmth on my throat and could i have some broth.

i was shocked when she asked if i would like plain chicken broth or protein chicken broth that was low sodium. went with the protein broth. mam o man was that good. took a while to get some down but managed abt a half cup before it was way too cold to enjoy.

abt 2am got a cup of hot sleepy dreams tea with creamer and splenda. drank half of that.

next morn nurse changed tray from clear liquid to full bariatric and cream of wheat showed up..wasn't expecting that but ate some and egg custard. unjury protein powder and skim milk.

dr. s came in and said if i did ok with lunch i was outta there. did it. tomato soup vanilla pudding and protein drink abt 1/2 of each

came home, got on the scale and had gained 10 lbs in the hospital...hubs said i must have ate too much

doing pretty good here, just yesterday and today soooo tired. and today the first nausea i've experienced. i went grocery shopping 3 days ago so maybe that is catching up to me. follow up on the 28th.

i have lost all 10 lbs i gained plus 5 more this past week. doing my best to get down my fluids at about 48 ozs a day now in clears and 2 protein drinks plus fage yogurt, bone broth

LeslieWesleysyxx
on 3/21/17 11:43 am
Revision on 03/14/18

Hey I'm in Dayton Ohio too! I'm just over 6 months out from my sleeve!

ohiogal58
on 3/21/17 12:42 pm
VSG on 03/13/17

Hey Leslie,

I'm not "IN" Dayton officially. Just chose it for my surgery and doctor. I'm mid state down south by the Ohio river.

Readyjwc
on 3/21/17 1:59 pm
VSG on 01/05/17

Welcome to the loser's bench!

Height 5'4 Starting weight: 225 Surgery weight: 216 Goal Weight: 135 Surgery date: 1/23/17 Portsmouth, NH

The little engine that could.....

DwayneP
on 3/22/17 5:28 am
VSG on 03/23/17

I am having my sleeve done tomorrow at Journeylite in Dayton. Small world!

Mary Gee
on 3/22/17 6:46 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Congratulations on your successful surgery. Sounds like you're doing great.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Most Active
Recent Topics