Visited the ER yesterday.

Gwen M.
on 3/21/17 4:48 am
VSG on 03/13/14

If you haven't already, try setting a timer for every 15 minutes to remind yourself to drink.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

mi75
on 3/21/17 1:50 pm
VSG on 06/01/14

Atkins also makes a great protein water that is pre-bottled and really good. I semi-freeze it into a slushie consistency and it's awesome.

like another poster said, this is common early on. there is SOOOOO much inflammation that many people experience some stricture early on. however, if the meds don't help, please call your Bariatric nurse because you may need intervention.

just lots of sipping, lots of easy forms of protein. hang in there!

Rubydoo11917
on 3/21/17 7:07 pm
VSG on 01/19/17

I did another swallow test this morning. Haven't heard from my surgeon on it yet, but got some info just after the test by the 2 guys that performed. They said everything looked good to them, no delays on things going down. Now here is the interesting part. They let me see my pictures they got of my tummy. Now these are their words. This is your pouch and then this here is your sleeve. As you can see, there is nothing holding anything from going thru.

Yep, I could see there was definitely something at the top of my tummy that did resemble a rounded area/pouch, then it turned into the obvious sleeve. Really wondering what that pouch looking area is all about. Can't wait to hear from my surgeon on it.

rachelp
on 3/22/17 9:01 am
VSG on 08/01/16

Pouch & sleeve? That sounds odd. Let us know when you hear from the surgeon. Sorry you are going through this. Just know that no matter what the problem is, it won't last forever. Hang in there

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

Valerie G.
on 3/22/17 4:50 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

The best advice I can give is to NOT let dehydration happen again. 64oz is your bare minimum of fluid intake, and yes it's a drag, and yes, it's a chore, but its totally possible. I get that much in before lunchtime, so yes, you can do it. You suffered a near miss at death just because you didn't drink enough..think about that.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Rubydoo11917
on 3/23/17 6:39 pm
VSG on 01/19/17

So, I finally gave in and called the doc yesterday. Can't believe it, but they say everything is fine with my tummy. I am continuing to focus on my liquids, seems like that is all I can do right now. I asked the gal on the phone, so if nothing is wrong, yet I am having these problems, what is it I am to do at this point? Said she would call me back after talking to my surgeon. Now I am on another medication for a month. Apparently it is for acid reflex, which I do not feel I have. But, I am no doctor, so I am taking it as prescribed.

Thank you all for your support thru this. As miserable as I have been, it truly does help knowing you all are here for support.

(deactivated member)
on 3/24/17 6:31 am
VSG on 12/28/16

I agree with others that maybe you're advancing your palate too quickly. I'm about 3 weeks further along than you are and I have a hard time with some solid proteins, especially chicken. I assume you know it should be plain, no skin, not fried. Also remember you need to chew everything until it's pulverized. Keep up with soft proteins and water. Hope you feel better soon.

Most Active
Recent Topics