Ate during liquid diet.

brookstl88
on 3/16/17 3:35 pm
VSG on 03/21/17

I feel like a failure. I ate a little bit of food during my week liquid diet. I hope it doesn't mess up anything for my surgery. I have 5 days left.

Anita
on 3/16/17 3:58 pm, edited 3/16/17 8:58 am

OK....first of all, stop beating yourself up.........go back to the liquids and chill!

Unless you ate a 10 course meal with all sorts of fats, carbs and other contraband, you probably didn't do the terrible damage you are afraid you did. If you're still in a quandary, just call your doctor and ask.....I can assure you, they won't get hysterical......you won't be the first, nor the last who did this!

Most of all, keep thinking about the new you and be sure to let us know once you're back home so we can officially welcome you to the Loser's Bench.

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

brookstl88
on 3/16/17 4:03 pm
VSG on 03/21/17

Thank you for your support.

Readyjwc
on 3/16/17 5:42 pm
VSG on 01/05/17

You don't need to beat yourself up - it was a moment of weakness. Over and done with.

You'll be fine. Just don't do it again...smirk. Especially the day before your surgery!

Congrats on your surgery! Can't wait to see you on the loser's bench.

-Jan

Height 5'4 Starting weight: 225 Surgery weight: 216 Goal Weight: 135 Surgery date: 1/23/17 Portsmouth, NH

The little engine that could.....

brookstl88
on 3/17/17 1:44 pm
VSG on 03/21/17

Thank you for the support. I truly appreciate appreciate it.

Luvmygs
on 3/17/17 1:21 pm
VSG on 12/04/14

I have to agree with everyone else. Its done, now move on. But, that said, you have to remember your new stomach is still in the healing process.There is a reason why you're on liquids. I was told by my surgeon that it takes about 2 months for the sleeve to heal and about 1 year for the scar tissue to heal over our new sleeve. You certainly don't want any issues early out. Try and stay on track with your diet. The first month will pass by quickly, before you know it you'll be eating food!

Most Active
Recent Topics