Second Sleeve Procedure

Beam me up Scottie
on 3/17/17 9:35 pm
Revisions on a VSG carry more risks including but not limited leaks. For the 30 lbs you've regained-you should try to return to basics, low carb, exercise, etc.

You could revise to a DS-you already have the VSG-they would just add malabsorbtion to what you already have. There are many on the DS forum that have had this done.

I have an old style DS so I have a large sleeve and a lot of malabsorbtion. It's helped me keep the weight off for 11 years.

Scott
Valerie G.
on 3/18/17 12:50 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

A small amount of regain is expected, but it's a wakeup call to be mindful of what you're eating. 30lbs isn't enough to get a revision, but it's enough to take action to keep it from turning to 40 lbs.

On the revision front, there are many VSG revisions to DS so they can keep the same sleeve stomach. A few get resleeves if theirs is misshapen, but few are stretched so far they need it re-done.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

happyteacher
on 3/19/17 4:40 pm

I had regained a little over my goal weight (after being close to 20 under goal). Turned out I had a very large hiatel hernia, and via that also acid issues. Going into surgery to have that repaired and the gallbladder removed my surgeon indicated he planned on resleeving due to the results showing a large, misshapen sleeve. Turned out once he smooshed it back where it belonged it resumed a fairly normal shape so he did not revise. He did explain that it was much higher risk going in a second time, so ensure you have truly tried everything. You might want to try acid reducers. My acid issues were "silent" and for sure when I have acid I eat a lot more calories.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

mi75
on 3/23/17 10:14 am
VSG on 06/01/14

I had terrible reflux/GERD prior to surgery but surgeon gave me the option of VSG over RNY, saying I would probably still have good results. I did initially have good results, but my GERD never totally resolved. now I've also had some regain, and my reflux is severe again. I've been on PPI meds non-stop for almost 8 years, and i'm 3 yrs post VSG.

my new surgeon is certain that i'll need a revision to RNY and i'm finally ready to sit down with him and talk it over.

Most Active
Recent Topics