Whatcha eating today VSGers? 3/10/2017

jachristmas
on 3/10/17 1:02 pm
VSG on 12/14/16

Happy birthday Gwen and good luck at your race! My mom's birthday is coming up in a few weeks, she would have been 52. She and my step-dad were both killed in a car accident with an 18 wheeler on the Monday after Thanksgiving 2015. Thanksgiving day was the last time I saw her and spoke to her face to face, so holidays and birthdays are tough. She and I always talked about getting weight loss surgery together, sadly she never got the chance, but she is with me every step of my journey cheering me on. Your dad will be cheering you on as you race.

B Premier protein shake

L Chopped up some leftover steak and made a 1 egg omelet with steak and cheddar jack.

D Not sure yet. We may go out after my son's baseball practice..probably Mexican as there aren't many options in this small town. I will order the Pollo ranchero. It will make about 4 meals for me. Their version is grilled chicken breast with a tomato sauce, peppers, onions and cheese. It comes with refried beans and guacamole salad.

S planning on another protein shake tonight because my tummy still isn't right and I will need more protein today.

Liquids and vitamins done.

Exercise-cleaning house and walking at the ball field.

Readyjwc
on 3/10/17 2:02 pm
VSG on 01/05/17

I know exactly how you're feeling. My Mom passed when I was 28 and my Dad passed when I was 41.

So many things remind me of them: making blueberry pie, some old adage they used to say, or going back to a familiar place. Birthdays and other holidays are so hard. Yet, I know in my heart that they are wishing me a "Happy Birthday" from heaven. They're in my heart and with me in spirit.

Don't let it get you down. You had so may wonderful times with your Dad and he wouldn't want you feel alone. He'll be the wind pushing you tomorrow to the finish line. You can bet on that. You may not see him but you can feel him with you.

-Jan

Height 5'4 Starting weight: 225 Surgery weight: 216 Goal Weight: 135 Surgery date: 1/23/17 Portsmouth, NH

The little engine that could.....

Donna L.
on 3/10/17 2:47 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Meal #1: small salad

Meal #2: bunless burger from Culvers

Meal #3: greek yogurt

Working and dodging passive aggressive people at the office.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Rachel B.
on 3/10/17 3:25 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

"Working and dodging passive aggressive people at the office."

Gee... Do you work in Mental Health???!!!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

AggieMae
on 3/10/17 7:26 pm
VSG on 10/25/16

1 thin slice Dave's Killer Bread, slice of cheese, slice of Turkey

Protein shake with 4 oz green (mixed veggies and fruit) juice.

shredded Brussel cranberries and a dash of horse radish 2oz, sprouts, one small fingerling potato 2 oz rosemary chicken.

Work was hell on earth today, normally a day like this would end with my old pals Ben & Jerry... but my treat tonight will be gummy mulit vitamins, but C and calcium. Yum!

Most Active
Recent Topics